Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A slightly odd question-What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A slightly odd question-What would you do?

I have a parcel ready to send to my SO, and I would find it easier to send it from my local PO. The issue I have is that I worry whether it will be commented on that I am sending a parcel internationally. I have already been the subject of some unpleasant gossip in the past in my village, and I would rather avoid opportunity for some more if I can. The PO is a counter at the back of a small shop. Anyone in the shop could potentially overhear anything that I say, or am asked to clarify about the parcel. Do you think I am over-reacting, or am I right to be wary? I don't want people making assumptions or gossip about me and my personal life, as it could have far reaching implications for me.

I wouldn’t worry about it and just send it.

Comment

You will have to fill out a custom forms anyways so I doubt that there really is a way for you to go someplace else. Don't worry about it, if people talk, they talk.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I did send it from the local PO today, and the shop seemed quiet enough.
        When it came to filling out the customs sticker, my mind went blank! I'd only packed it the day before.
        This is the first time I've ever sent post outside of Europe. Now I feel kinda sad that it's gone.

Just in case it wasn't obvious, this is my first international LDR.

Comment

Working...
        X