Valentines Day From a Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentines Day From a Distance

Hello! This is my first forum post, so I hope I am not messing up. I just need some help really. I am in a bit of a tough situation. I live in the United States, while my significant other lives in Mexico. I cannot really ship physical items or visit in my current circumstances. I need some advice on how to make Valentines special for her. We have had Valentines before, but last year, we didn't do anything special due to our busy schedules. This year, I am much more open with time, so I want to dedicate some time to showing that I care for her, despite the distance and living in different countries.

For her birthday, I made and sent a video online. It was fifteen minutes of a slideshow of pictures, memories (like important message screenshots), three songs (songs that we both liked), and a scene where I went onto the camera myself and talked in Spanish. There is a bit of a language barrier (I know English, she knows Spanish, but I am not to worried about that since we have made it work for two years of messaging online). We really only message since we cannot talk and shipping to her is out due to the fact that it is international and would be rough.

So I realize this is a bit unique or specific, but I have been struggling to figure out how to make her feel special and have an amazing Valentines Day, despite the distance. I will probably do another video, but I just need some ideas for how to make it more special or if there are other things I can do for her. She means a lot to me, and I really want to make her feel special even though I am not obligated to. I tried looking at other threads, but I was having trouble finding things that I could do or did not require physical mailing. Any response in either messages or on the thread would be useful.

Oh, and happy early Valentines!, I wish you all luck with your own situations and special someones.

Your video idea great!

We always made sure to have a date night on special occasions like Valentine's Day. We'd pretty much spend as much time as we could on our webcams on those days and make dinner together and then watch a movie together.

Even though you can't mail anything, you could still make or buy a card, write in it, and send her photos of it. Even though she won't physically have it, seeing your words in your handwriting will still be very special. Definitely save it so you can give it to her when you are able to meet in the future.

Another idea is to make Valentine's Day / relationship themed puzzles and online scavenger hunts. I used to make crossword puzzles for Frank and made the clues pertain to our us and our relationship. Here's a site that can help you make them: https://puzzel.org/en/

I hope that helps!
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Something I have done a few times now is make cute photos of us together, before we got to meet. I did them on paint, so they weren't great quality, but still a cute idea for you perhaps?
      Also in paint or similar, you can make a cute piece of artwork for her, like a heart with an arrow through it with a sweet sentiment written inside the heart, or something.
      I also used to send him photos of me each anniversary. For the first year, I marked every month together.
      Or maybe even compile a collage of pictures of her and you mixed together.

That's just a few ideas, to maybe get your inspiration going.

Comment

Very interesting story! thanks, I cry.

Comment

Working...
        X