Gifts For Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifts For Guys

You would think it would be easy to shop for a guy, but with my luck, my boyfriend usually doesn't use a lot of the stuff I get him so I mostly just send him baked goods and cards now.

Ok boys, what exactly do you like getting as gifts? What is romantic to you and what makes you happy but isn't too mushy as a gift?

It's easy for me to just get my boyfriend a giftcard to gamestop or more food, but I want something with more thought put into it.

I really need to know! xD (And I think many other girls here would like to know)

I struggle with the same thing...I know everyone always talks about this book but the my SO and it talked about our love languages and ranked them in order of most important and least important...there is even a simple quiz online so you don't have to read it ;-) After we did that I found out that he prefers practical gifts...things that he can use lol where as I prefer sentimental gifts...perhaps you should find out what his is...like how he feels most loved. I love being creative and mushy but he likes gift cards...so for his bday I sent a giftcard for subway which he eats like every day...for itunes because he loves music and gamestop because he is a gamer...three fav things and I wrote him a letter saying what we would do if i was there and printed a picture of me that said happy birthday I miss u. He said that was the perfect blend of mushy and practical. So maybe try something like that something from the heart like a letter or a card or a list of things u love abt ur SO and something he needs too ;-)

Comment

Okay. I made my boyfriend about 80?% of the gifts I got him for Christmas this year.
      Here's what I made:
      A cd, compiled with songs that mean stuff between us, with my voice commentaring randomly throughout the cd.
      A Wordle in a frame (It's in the 90-something things to do from a distance.) It's hanging on his wall.
      Practical wise? I bought him a key chain from the area I live in, so every time he goes out, he sees it and thinks of me. :P
      I wrote out the favorite bits of our conversations after I started saving them, and wrote them ALL out by hand.
      I did a bunch of other things too, like printed out all of his favorite pictures of me, etc etc.
      My guy, however, prefers sentimental value, and he's a bit of a romantic

Hm...What about if you went to a craft store or something and bought a cookie jar (Or perhaps even make one) and painted on it or had something like a picture printed onto it, so he has a jar for all of those delicious baked goods you send him?

Comment

Originally posted by TknandLvnIt View Post
        I struggle with the same thing...I know everyone always talks about this book but the my SO and it talked about our love languages and ranked them in order of most important and least important...there is even a simple quiz online so you don't have to read it ;-) After we did that I found out that he prefers practical gifts...things that he can use lol where as I prefer sentimental gifts...perhaps you should find out what his is...like how he feels most loved. I love being creative and mushy but he likes gift cards...so for his bday I sent a giftcard for subway which he eats like every day...for itunes because he loves music and gamestop because he is a gamer...three fav things and I wrote him a letter saying what we would do if i was there and printed a picture of me that said happy birthday I miss u. He said that was the perfect blend of mushy and practical. So maybe try something like that something from the heart like a letter or a card or a list of things u love abt ur SO and something he needs too ;-)
        I really like that idea. The whole giftcard and letter about things we would do. I'll have to remember that. I know he would be into gamestop and he likes to eat out a lot. I love putting thought into gifts, but I also like giving something that's useful. I'll have to see if I can question him a bit later on about that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by princessmia View Post
          Okay. I made my boyfriend about 80?% of the gifts I got him for Christmas this year.
          Here's what I made:
          A cd, compiled with songs that mean stuff between us, with my voice commentaring randomly throughout the cd.
          A Wordle in a frame (It's in the 90-something things to do from a distance.) It's hanging on his wall.
          Practical wise? I bought him a key chain from the area I live in, so every time he goes out, he sees it and thinks of me. :P
          I wrote out the favorite bits of our conversations after I started saving them, and wrote them ALL out by hand.
          I did a bunch of other things too, like printed out all of his favorite pictures of me, etc etc.
          My guy, however, prefers sentimental value, and he's a bit of a romantic

Hm...What about if you went to a craft store or something and bought a cookie jar (Or perhaps even make one) and painted on it or had something like a picture printed onto it, so he has a jar for all of those delicious baked goods you send him?
          Well I already had an idea for Valentine's Day which involved chocolates and something to do with his gaming habit. It's just those other times like his birthday and Christmas. I do really like the idea of writing down things you use to say to each other. I still have our conversations from a loooong time ago and I look back on them occasionally. Thanks.

Comment

haha ok you actually ask this question for boys.. but i will give my opinion anyway..

Well my SO is very far away from here like over 10.000 miles. So, food is not an option for me!

Stuff that i could send to him that i could think of:
            1. Mouse Pad, on top of my list because he use this daily, as he work in IT field.
            2. Coffee Mugs, you know that he could use it for tea too. And this days both mouse pad and coffee mugs could personally designed with your pictures or written words, its cute and more personal, and i dont think both are expensive.
            3. Books. Bothof us love reading, and hehe i actually thinking sending him books about Indonesia or even how to learn Indonesia language, he like learning languages.
            4. Music compilation. I love listening music, and i would love to send him my fave music compilation, those song that reminds me of him or songs that somehow related to us or what we've been through. Its sweet and he could listen to that while hes working or copy it to his ipod.
            5. New leather wallet with our picture on it-he seriously need new one, haha last time i ask him his wallet like 5 years old... he does love his wallet hehehe
            6. Digital Photo Frame. Its not that expensive, and its tech stuff.. most guys love tech stuff..hehe
            7. Key finder.. its like key chain thing.. he sometimes forgot where he put his keys.. so this is could help.

Well i could list lots of things here hahaha... but i think most of things i will give him is the "creative" things.. he live in modern country if i gave him tech stuff im just afraid he got something more advance than the one i gave him.. so i rather to send something that "personalized" he could find those stuff in his country but none like the one i sent hehehe... one and only stuff!

Comment

I think you should really go on www.thingsremembered.com It's a great site and they have items where you can engrave, customize and personalize it. I love this site and if you sign up you can get a $5 discount and the shipping is not too bad either. It's memorable and keepsake but if you just got with your boyfriend or maybe from 1-2 years ... then I don't think you should get something like it because it might be too serious. But also send him a telegram! It's exciting and great! besides I just did that!

Comment

Working...
              X