The Fearsome Three: in Need of Gift Suggestions for 3 Occasions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fearsome Three: in Need of Gift Suggestions for 3 Occasions

It's another of those times this year when I have a gift dilemma! I feel like I did a really good job finding functional, romantic, and fun things for his Christmas package (I was very determined he would like/ use all of the stuff this time), so I am very pleased (other than going outside of my budget)...but now more events are beckoning!

*Valentine's Day in February
    *Celebrating our first year together in March
    *His birthday in April

The usual constraints apply (lack of funds, need to ship things early and for the least cost, but still want something that he will enjoy, something different from what I have given him before, etc.). I do have this pair of underwear https://www.thecandifactory.com/products/commutefor him which I always meant for Valentine's Day, but had forgotten about the other dates coming up for the months after! Ah!

So, lovelies! I am seeking some suggestions for each of the dates. For V-Day or the anniversary, I think the undies and a hand-made card would be great...but I don't know which to choose and which he will be making a bigger deal over (remember my Measurement thread and how I think he's planning to get me something for one of those days...but I have kind of ignored the request for the measurements...anyway, that's another issue). For the other, I think doing a photo of us together in a nice frame and a poem or something would be good, but again...I am not sure which to choose and if that is the right choice or if something more...practical might be better. Is there a good way to prompt him about how we are celebrating these days? (He loves surprising me and would get into a big sulk if I was too prying...but I also think he needs some encouragement with more "card company-ish" occasions like Valentine's Day. I, personally, have always really enjoyed Valentine's Day from childhood and now as an adult, regardless of being single or coupled).

Then...his birthday is really tricky! I put so much thought into his Christmas package that some of my best ideas went out for then (and he surprise visited me for my birthday and I definitely can't orchestrate something on that scale). I also think he would be pretty disappointed if I didn't make a fuss over it (I had actually thought his birthday was in March and confirmed with him recently and I was so wrong! Bad girlfriend, bad!>:O He said that when his birthday draws near, he doesn't broadcast it much and, so, was glad we got it corrected, because he 'fessed up that he would be "super disappointed" if I forgot). I like the sending flowers or naming a star gifts, but with shipping and handling, etc. I get a bit freaked out (I would probably end up spending the same on several smaller gifts and sending them, but I feel better about that somehow...maybe a bit controlling, but I like to browse around the stores or make stuff and wrap it, etc.).

*Wind whistles, tumble weeds bounce*

Uhhh...well, maybe I should say a bit more of what he likes/ what he is like:

-computer nerd/ programmer
    -music major (composition/ piano)
    -fashionable (I try and stay away from clothes mostly, unless I am actually sure of his size for something and that he will like it, though)
    -slim, but working to build more muscle right now (interested in learning new fitness things)
    -likes dark chocolate, specialty coffee, and nice restaurants
    -listens to classical music, news radio, modern music that is less mainstream (e.g., Regina Spektor)
    -likes to go on super long bicycle rides/ commute to work on a bike when it is warmer
    -enjoys reading (I have yet to get him a book and I think it would be a good gift, but our taste in books is usually so different that I wouldn't know what to choose)
    -will watch random good British series (so...I could find or...make...a few for him <.<;;; )
    -likes travel and cosmopolitan living

Comment

Make a home-made CD.
      Go to a chocolate shop and pick a few of his favourite chocolates.
      A giftcard for his favourite clothes shop.
      Mr and Mrs. Mugs (You could put a photograph in of you holding the Mrs. mug so he can have the Mr. mug).
      A nice bookmark.
      A set of headphones (for his music obviously).
      Make him a scrapbook.

Sorry that there's not loads of ideas
      [CENTER]

Comment

Dr. Who series and a hat. You can't go wrong. >.>

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

you suggested a photo frame, i know my bf wants one too so im going to paint one for him. Micheals has them for like 1.50 or you can get them from the dollar store too, just plain wooden frames that are ready to paint. that way its much more personalized and shows you put more effort into it.
          my bf just left after a visit and something we did together was go to a pottery painting place and paint mugs for each other. i made mine kinda long distance themed and its nice to drink out of and remember what we did together.

Comment

Working...
          X