Upcoming Events...Need Ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming Events...Need Ideas!

Well, I've got a lot coming up soon and I need gift ideas. Of course, Valentine's Day is coming up fast, and 3 days after Valentine's Day is our 6 month. Then, March 5th is my boyfriend's birthday. For Valentine's Day/6 months, I'm going to combine them together and send a care package up to him at school. I know I'm going to put Hershey Kisses (of course) and a Valentine's Day card (that I'll acknowledge 6 months in also) as well as some of his favourite snacks/candy/gum. For his birthday, I bought him a nice polo shirt, which I know he'll love. I'm stuck on what else to get him for either. He's a computer science major who loves Rubik's cubes (but he has the 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 already) and Pokemon. (We're both nerdy lol) I was thinking of possibly buying him tickets to a Met/Yankee game for his birthday because he's a die-hard Yankee fan and I'm a die-hard Mets fan. But, those tickets can be pretty expensive and hard to get. He'll be home for his birthday, so I'm treating him as well. Wherever we go is up to him, but I told him I won't let him pay on his birthday lol. Any suggestions for Valentine's Day gifts or birthday gifts? We've been best friends for for 12 years, so it's sad that I can't decide what to get him. =P Thanks a lot! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Hmmm well my SO and I set a six dollar limit for our 6 month so its forcing us to be creative lol. I am sending him a frame with six pics of us, six wish vouchers, a list of my six fav memories of us, A cd with my six fav love songs I'm going to sing one of them for him, and maybe six kisses or something like that. It depends on how big of a deal you want to make it I guess. Birthdays are harder it depends on the tastes of the guy...for My SO's bday I sent him itunes, gamestop and subway gift cards and he loved it...His three fav things food music and games...but i felt that was too impersonal so I wrote a letter telling him what we would do if we were together and a picture of me and he loved it. Hope this gives you some ideas :-)

Comment

Hey, it looks like we are in a similar situation.

I think you are on the right track with things. What about a Rubik's cube keychain? (Also, just did a quick search on Think Geek and they even have a Rubik's Cube alarm clock) For Pokemon, you could burn him some episodes...or order plushies (if you want to make it for V-Day, instead of doing the bear holding a chocolate box, you could get a Pikachu plush and attach a little box of chocolate to its hands with elastic or ribbon and I say "I Pikach--oose you!") or figurines online. The ticket is an awesome idea, but I think that could really be super pricey (especially when you are already taking him to dinner and also have a nice shirt for him). In some ways, since you will be together for his birthday, I think it puts less pressure on you to have all sorts of goodies and opens up the chance to do activities (like taking him to dinner, etc.) as gifts. What about doing a baseball-themed birthday and taking him to a batting cage, eating traditional baseball food, etc. and maybe giving him a baseball video or computer game?

Comment

You could get him the 7x7 rubix cube that'd keep him busy for a while and it'd be a great gift

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Thanks to all of you! These are very creative and good ideas! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

What about a personalised Rubik's Cube? Here is a link showing a tutorial for making your own "Romantic Rubik's Cube":
            https://loveactually-blog.blogspot.c...biks-cube.html.

Comment

Working...
            X