Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gift for and from the musically inclined...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift for and from the musically inclined...

My boyfriend and I both love music and often sing to each other over the phone (he even sings me to sleep sometimes =]) so one idea I had for a gift for him was a CD of our favorite love songs, but with this twist - via YouTube, I found karaoke versions of all of the love songs and sung them myself, recorded them and put them together on a CD. Now, granted, I don't have the best voice, but he loves the CD - I thought it would be nice for him to be able to hear my voice (or at least I like to hope so).

He also records songs for me on his flute. So for those of you musically inclined, maybe try this idea! It is the classic idea of the mixtape with a sweet, personalizing twist!

I am doing something similar for my SO for our six month...we set a six dollar limit so I have to be creative :-) I made up a little song...we call it our "I miss you song" so I'm going to put it on a CD-so a total of six songs five just because I like them and one that I sing...i was gonna do two but I don't sing very well lol...The last track is going to be a bonus track that has me singing the last verse of the song before it and telling him how i feel about him.

Comment

That's so sweet ^^ Yeah, me and mine had to agree not to buy presents for each other for a while because we're both a bit financially unstable at the moment but there are always creative things like this to do =] He and I usually make YouTube videos for eachother with a song and a little message

Comment

That is SUCH a clever idea and took loads of time I'm sure! Very cool gift! Thanks for idea. I'll let you know in the future when I use it!

Comment

Yeah, it did take a lot of time lol, and probably the hardest part for me, living in a dorm on a college campus, was finding a quiet place to record - but it was definitely worth it. I'm glad you like the idea ^.^ It's especially nice for when you don't have a lot of money to spend and things like that =]

Comment

Working...
          X