I promised a gift each month we're apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I promised a gift each month we're apart

So, I have an obsession with making origami, because it keeps my very slight ADD in check. :3 My SO dislikes me wasting my money on gifts for him, because according to him I am a "poor college student and should save the money for other things, like bringing him around should he ever visit me while I'm studying in Japan". ^_^ But I like giving gifts, so I came up with a brilliant idea - ORIGAMI YEY.

I don't have a photo of the first one I made him (it was a swan), but I just finished another one today, and I'm going to have to glue the fiddly parts together and pack it really nicely in a box so that it doesn't fall apart in transit from Asia to the USA! :X

Basically I promised him a gift each month we're apart, but I think I might end up doing a lot more than just ONE. It's way to fun and it quickens the time before I get to hug him again. <3

I made a Japanese crane this time!

Thats amazing! =] I love the idea.

Comment

That's a really great idea but I'm no where near as skilled as you are. That one is amazing :-)

Comment

Thanks! Hee, it's actually really easy because it's just made from triangles (which take about 5 seconds to fold)... Swans are the easiest to make and there's plenty of tutorials. The prep time is the longest because you have to tear/cut the paper into smaller sizes... (I start with an A4 or Letter paper and tear them into 1/32 pieces).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xlwq1dNt3g - Here's a simple tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by sheraccoon View Post
          Thanks! Hee, it's actually really easy because it's just made from triangles (which take about 5 seconds to fold)... Swans are the easiest to make and there's plenty of tutorials. The prep time is the longest because you have to tear/cut the paper into smaller sizes... (I start with an A4 or Letter paper and tear them into 1/32 pieces).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xlwq1dNt3g - Here's a simple tutorial.
          Wow! That's incredible! Thanks for sharing this neat idea!
          My heart belongs to a pilot!
          ~*~
          ~*~
          [/center]

Comment

Wow, that looks really cool! What a nice idea

Comment

Wow that really does look amazing! :O

Comment

Wow that looks amazing!!! Really creative and impressive!!!

Comment

Thanks guys! It's not very difficult to make at all... Just a pain in the butt to prepare. :3

Comment

Wow, that looks really cool!

Comment

Working...
                    X