Italians can't make care packages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italians can't make care packages.

So, until i went to America I had never heard about care packages. And now that i'm back home, and close to celebrating my first year with my American, i'd love to send him a care package to show him how grateful i am that he is in this love adventure with me.
    My problem is that i have no clue what to put in it, if not italian chocolate he loves and a penguin origami because he's my penguin.
    Please pretty please, i'm an italian with no ideas :P
    Plus, he's been pretty stressed, and i feel like i can't be much help over skype, i really need to make sure he knows he's loved.
    <3

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Anything thats symbolic or means something to you both as a couple.

You know when your in a shop and you see something and think "My SO would love that" - Thats exactly what goes in a care package!

The origami penguin is an EXCELLENT and very original idea.

How about some photos of the two of you, or even just of you. Either loose or in frames or an album.

Send him things that are local to your hometown, so he gets a feel for where you live, maybe some postcards or some local arts and crafts?

Things that you like, perhaps some of your favourite chocolates or a book or magazine that you enjoy. Even if its in Italian and he doesnt understand it, it will give him an insight into the things you enjoy.
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I'm not sure how fast you can ship something from where you are, but whenever my boyfriend is stressed, I bake him cookies! ^^ He's a fatty and he loves my cookies lol.
      Oh, also, I was bored and missing him, so in my last care package a got a thing of sticky notes, and filled it with things I love about him haha.
      Another thing I've done is, well, I collect Archie Comics, and he's never read one before, so I sent him my favourite one just to share something I really enjoy with him
      I hope this helps a little ^^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
      -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
      \

Comment

THANK YOU both, i'll get started with the post it idea right away, and i'll cover him with photos.
        he just came to my town a few weeks ago, so he's already had a full immersion in my life.
        thanks again for the suggestions,
        xoxox

Comment

You could buy him a soft toy, a penguin, and cover it in your perfume.

My SO always loves that.

Comment

He has a huge penguin already, and an eeyore from winnie the pooh that i both covered in perfume <3 i may just cut a heart out of cloth and soak it in my perfume, thanks for reminding me about that!

Comment

I am Italian and I had no idea of what a care package was either! But last time I was home (Italy) I visited many famous places with my friends and in each place I bought (and wrote) a postcard for my SO. At the end, the envelope was pretty heavy (and starting from Jan '11 our dearest Poste Italiane has increased the fares for sending packages abroad). But he really loved receiving my 10 postcards all together. Basically I wrote one every day during Winter Break, and for him it was kind of doing a tour of my country, because he was always there, in my thoughts! You should consider sending a bunch of postcards! Where do you live in italy?

Comment

I live in Trieste, where are you from?
                and i've sent him so many letters, i think like 30 in the last 5 months, that i'm running out of things to write about :P

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
                  He has a huge penguin already, and an eeyore from winnie the pooh that i both covered in perfume <3 i may just cut a heart out of cloth and soak it in my perfume, thanks for reminding me about that!
                  I did that with my SO (now my ex) and he loved it! I made mine out of felt and I used red for the heart and baby blue for the outside. I made it into a circle. I even stitched around the heart in white. It came out really cute! Cookies is another good idea and who doesn't love italian cookies. I'm italian too and there's nothin I like more than italian cookies. Another idea would be to add stuff to the care package that reminds you of him.
                  He just gets me... <3

Comment

I know this isn't helpful, but the title made me laugh! My SO is half Italian. Even though he was born in the U.S., the idea of care packages blow his mind!

At any rate, the ideas I've seen so far are excellent. I don't have much more to add! Perhaps include song lyrics or poems that make you think of him? Maybe pictures of places you want him to see - even of things you do every day. I did a "photo documentary" of the place I worked over the summer so that my SO could know what I was talking about.

Comment

So far i've filled out 365 post its with why i love him and what i love about him and OH MY GOODNESS i thought my hand would fall off i did not expect so many post its.
                      i've gotten him italian chocolate he loves, i'm burning him a CD with our songs and with songs that remind me of him, i bought a PROMISE RING so he knows that i'm his, and his only.
                      and i've discovered it's impossible to find a white box to decorate in my town.

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
                        I live in Trieste, where are you from?
                        and i've sent him so many letters, i think like 30 in the last 5 months, that i'm running out of things to write about :P
                        Originally, I am from Venice. An idea that just poped up in my mind is sending your SO some shells. I remember there are great shells in that area. When I was kid I went to Miramare Castel with my parents, and look the Barcolana from Trieste. You might print some pictures of your sourrounding area and write behind each picture what it is and why you should visit that place with him, like a top 10 of things to do when he will visit you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiara View Post
                          Originally, I am from Venice. An idea that just poped up in my mind is sending your SO some shells. I remember there are great shells in that area. When I was kid I went to Miramare Castel with my parents, and look the Barcolana from Trieste. You might print some pictures of your sourrounding area and write behind each picture what it is and why you should visit that place with him, like a top 10 of things to do when he will visit you!
                          he just visited like three weeks ago, i took him to miramare, and walked through barcola in the sunset. it was so magical <3
                          aww it's so nice to read "miramare" on someonelse's post, i thought i was the only italian here, initially

Comment

Working...
                          X