Buying SO Gifts From Your Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying SO Gifts From Your Country

I also wanted to include recieving gifts in the title, but didn't want a title that's too long!

So I'm closing the distance (again) in around two months and I love to spoil my man rotten. The first time I went out to Canada to meet him I took out a cute little pin/badge with a Canadian flag and a Welsh flag crossing each other. He wears it on his work jacket and loves it when people ask him what's the dragon flag about (Welsh flag!).

I'm a HUGE football fan and my family and I are big followers and supporters of our local team Swansea City. Season ticket holders in the past and watch as many games as we can now. So I tease him as being an adopted Swansea fan, he hasn't had much say in the matter so I got him a Swansea City mug too. When we would skype he would always see me drinking cups of tea from my own Swansea mug, so I got one for him too!

So anyway, this thread isn't just me rambling on! I'd love to know what all of you have baught for your SOs from your country! Either something to do with your own country, town, city etc.. or even if you're SOs have sent you something from their town/city/country!

I've been looking online at clothes I want to buy for myself to take out to Canada with me. Like some Welsh rugby hoodys so everyone will know from where I hail then I came up with the idea for this thread. I'd like to take some more stuff out with me this time too, I've got some ideas like some very sexy Welsh boxer briefs YumYum

I bought my SO a tea towel with the Union Jack on it, and he loved it. Except he didn't want to ruin it so has stuck it to his fridge as a decoration
    Yesterday I got a present from my SO in the post which was a really cheesy Nebraska tshirt. He said it was a joke present but i actually love it It's bubble gum pink and has a map of nebraska with loads of typical Nebraskan things like cows, a combine harvester, corn on the cob and the Nebraskan flag.

Comment

Hm, we sent quite a lot of gifts so I'm not sure if I can remember everything, but I do know that she sent me a calendar from her hometown (Wellington, New Zeleand)! It was so amazing to look through the pictures and to actually recognize some places because I've already been there with her. She also sent me jewelry made out of some New Zealand stone.

Comment

Jonesonaboat-that is crazy because my BF lives in Swansea and I live in Canada! We actually met in Swansea when I went to visit my sister who was going to school there!!
        He gives me lots of stuff with the Union Jack on it because he is from England. I love the Welsh dragon but he doesn't so the only Welsh thing I've gotten is a lovespoon.
        I got him a shirt once that says "I only date Canadians" but thats all that he has that's Canadian.

Comment

Jonesonaboat-that is crazy because my BF lives in Swansea and I live in Canada! We actually met in Swansea when I went to visit my sister who was going to school there!!
          He gives me lots of stuff with the Union Jack on it because he is from England. I love the Welsh dragon but he doesn't so the only Welsh thing I've gotten is a lovespoon.
          I got him a shirt once that says "I only date Canadians" but thats all that he has that's Canadian.

Comment

I got Oregon Ducks souvenirs from his sister and we bought some Oregon heart stuff when I was up there over the holidays. (: He sent me some of my favourite american candy in the last package. I haven't given him anything Singaporean...but I've given a farmer's hat I got from Vietnam. And a big bolster to hug because according to him they don't have them there (I think they do, he just hasn't seen/looked for one). He got a package today from another singaporean girl filled with snacks you'll only find in this part of the world but not limited to Singapore. The package also had a postcard and a windchime thing with the merlion, Singapore's uhh, mascot? printed on it. He doesn't need me to get Singaporean stuff. (;

Comment

Originally posted by kasia516 View Post

No way!!!!
              I'd love to have a shirt like that I'll have to get looking for one! He gave me some shorts and across the band was writted 'I Am Canadian' I think he got them from a beer company! I wear those around the house! There's a cute little Welsh shop in my town (Neath?) and I want to buy soo many things from there! I was there today looking at the mugs and love spoons! I'm thinking of buying some cute tea towels too!

I can't believe that your SO from Swansea and you're Canadian too!! Where in Canada are you?

Comment

When my SO was here, he bought a Texas mug for himself. He told me to pick one out, and it was my favorite. He loves it, and he drinks out of it like everyday.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

The "i only date canadians" shirt is actually a girls XL, so it look so silly on him that he never wears it.

i live in Toronto! so chances are if you came to ontario you passed thru here!

Comment

My friend and I actually made my boyfriend and I semi-matching hoodies.
                    His has a picture of West Virginia on the back and has a star around my hometown and underneath says "my heart lives here"
                    and mine has a picture of Wales on the back with his hometown with a star around it and also says "my heart lives here" underneath.

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

That's definitely a cute idea. I did send him a pin (or was it a keychain?) for the Vancouver Olympics, but I am not sure if he has it any more--I should ask him. I also have sent him some tea from a really famous tea shop near where I went to university. Other than that, I like to send him things that are locally made, but they aren't necessarily touristy things. I think it would be fun to send him maple syrup or something typically "Canadian," but I am not sure how that would do in the mail.

He has kept a $10 Canadian bill from his very first trip to visit me in his wallet all this time. It seems kind of random (since he is more about remembering experiences than keepsakes), but I think it must be special to him and I find that sweet.

As for stuff coming my way, he did send me coffee from his favourite local coffee shop, but I can't really think of anything touristy from Kansas he has sent me (I mostly buy random souvenirs for myself if I visit him and have a bag with ticket stubs and programs and such that I may one day put into a little book). The first time I visited him, I was eyeing a stuffie of a bison and he got it for me, so I guess that is a more Kansas-y thing.

Comment

I'm in LA area, my SO is and has been an avid Kobe fan, and one of these days I would love to get him a jersey. XD

Comment

Working...
                        X