Batik!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batik!

I was thinking and thinking of what would be a good thing to make for my SO...And since I'm heavily into art, I thought of course, why not make something that expresses the love we share...^^ So I made a Batik, which is a cloth that you wax and dye, pretty much...You can put anything on it...So I put a picture of a swan and a dragon in a lake together...It shows a forbidden love...<3 When I showed it to him, he thought it looked amazing...I wish I had a picture of it, but I sent it to him...But this is one unique idea that is truly an amazing thing...You can even attach things to your batik to allow it to hang from things! :P He absolutely loved it...If you need advice for batiking, you could ask me, although this was my first batik, so I'd reconmend a batik site...
    Yes! It makes me happy doing so...
    42.86%
    Ocassionally
    28.57%
    No...Not too much of an artist
    14.29%
    No...Don't want to/never thought about it :P
    14.29%

Oh wow, I've never heard of this before, I'm going to Google it now I love making crafty things for my boy and always looking for new ideas so this sounds really cool! Maybe if your SO can take a picture of the one you made you could upload it, I'd love to see it!

Comment

Awwwww, I had a picture of it...I'm going to ask my SO if he can take one for me...:P I'm glad you like the idea though!!! It's beautiful, and the cool thing is, is that you can put wax on areas, and crumble it when it dries, and paint over, creating this really cool effect! That's one of the few tips I know...:P And by the way, I love Beauty and the Beast. Just thought I'd say that is one of Disney's best movies...^-^ One of my favorites too!

Comment

Working...
      X