Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question asked a million times: First anniversary gift help, please? ^^;

Hey guys...

Alex and my first official anniversary is coming up on June 28th. We're not going to celebrate it on that day, though, because I'm likely going to be in Canada in July for his aunt's wedding so we'll just take time to celebrate then.

However, I need a little help... I'm trying to sort out the whole gift situation. Before you say anything, I made him a scrapbook for Valentine's day. I've given him mix CDs the last two Christmases, I've baked him cookies, I've given him a key, a keychain, a necklace, several plushies, a shirt, and a game.

I'm wanting to do something that would be very meaningful but he doesn't wear watches, doesn't usually wear jewelry and... well... he buys whatever game he wants, usually.

A little background: we met online in September of 2008 and unofficially started our relationship in May of 2009 but this is our first official anniversary and we've never celebrated an anniversary before. He's big into PC gaming and loves building computers. He's also a wonderful artist and extraordinarily creative. We both love Anime. He loves Kung Fu movies and Tom Waits music, wears lots of plaid, is a carpenter and done some work with jewelry. He doesn't really like flowers so that's out of the question. We plan on getting married in the future but he has to meet my family before he's allowed to propose so we are very serious. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on this (prolly a $50 limit) so... yah.

Please help me with this? ^^; I'm totally sunk. I went looking all over town today for ideas and I just can't come up with anythign >.<

https://www.findgift.com/

I love this website - it helped me come up with some ideas at Christmas time and for my mother's birthday. I know it isn't very specific but you can find some really cool and unusual gifts

Comment

seen it ^^; most of what they offer is stuff that either wouldn't work for him or, like the heart keychain, I've already got one from another source and already gave it to him ^^;

Comment

hmm this is always fun but sometimes hard to come up with. I haven't got to spend a anniversary in person and can't send him anything so most of my gifts have been online. But if i were able to do anything i'd like to presonalize it. You can be creative and make a birthday basket/box. And add a few things, lol if u really want to be fun... lol this just me i like to be creative and love crafts, you can make the box a keep sake by glueing pictures all over it, so the box is also a gift, pics of the two of you together or any pics that he would like. (lol maybe a bit corny) then inside the real gift. You say he likes kung fu movies. you can buy one or two to watch together, i like alot of the older jackie chan movies, some of bruce lee's stuff, the movie dragon, about his life story was intresting. Then you can do personalized gifts, such as make a t-shirt and can add any image, either of you two or something he's intrested in or write something, my mom did that was only under 10 bucks. you say he doen't like jewlery, but they have custom rings at walmart, just a silver band but you can get it engraved. Haven't got one but i did see it at the store before and was cute. He likes anime and to draw. I loved these manga markers, made just for inking u can find that at michael's they have some good ink pens specifically for that. umm sorry idk what else, lol just thinking of things based off what info u gave. hope i semi helped?
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Hmm. Well if he's a gamer I would say get him a cool techie gift. Like if he plays xbox 360 get him a system cooling fan or a cool limited edition controller. There's a channel called G4 that showcases all kindsof techie things and reviews. If you go to g4tv.com and look up Attack Of The Show you might find some cool gadgets.

Also...for josh I got him a star. Yes. A real star. Go to international star. Registry and you can buy one for $50 I think.

Comment

@kiara - thanks for the suggestion. he mostly draws with his tablet, though.

@MusicalSoul - he's mostly a PC gamer but I'll definitely check that site out! He loves Attack of the Show, though, so I don't know if I could get him anything from there without him guessing ^^;

Comment

I know my so (and me as well) would love many things from https://www.thinkgeek.com/
              our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

How about a love letter satchel with a romantic and meaningful love letter? A LFAD T-shirt? A Pantygram (I would love to send this to my SO, but it's only directed towards straight couples)? Or just take a look at the 25 Great Long Distance Gift Ideas list.

Comment

A present I've done lately is reserving a hotel room for us when we're together, like we had a visit in March for his birthday and on his birthday I emailed him the confirmation from the hotel, it's really nice to have that time together especially if you're staying with family.

Beau got me an electronic picture frame for Valentine's day, which I rather like, especially because he had put pictures on it already.

Maybe there's somewhere he could do laser tag or paintball? Scope it out online to see if there's one near his home and maybe you could order him a gift certificate. Or concert tickets, maybe a band you both like will be in the area when you're in town.

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                    https://www.findgift.com/

I love this website - it helped me come up with some ideas at Christmas time and for my mother's birthday. I know it isn't very specific but you can find some really cool and unusual gifts

cool website..never heard of it. :]

Comment

I got my boyfriend a nice watch for our anniversary. I think it really depends on the guy, though. I don't think my ex would appreciate the watch like Brandon does. If he's into computer stuff, why don't you give him a nice webcam, mic, headphones, etc? And then make him something to go with it. I always like to make cake/cookies/brownies to go with my gifts if I don't feel like they have enough oomph.

Comment

Working...
                      X