just had to share...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just had to share...

So, I baked and sent cookies to my boyfriend. They were sugar cookies, with chocolate frosting and blue fondant designs. I searched all over town for a fish shaped cookie cutter, since his summer research has to do with fish (and he enjoys fishing).

I finally found one, and I spent an afternoon designing them, writing clever slogans on them "catch me if you can" etc. I stacked them in groups of three, tied them up very prettily and sent them off. There were about 30 cookies total.

However, between the post office not shipping as fast as they said it would and his government job screening all mail (even to his private address, since it's through them), by the time he got them they were looking pretty awful. He said they were all banged up and he couldn't even figure out what they were except...

for these three little hearts that I had included just for fun. They said his name, my name and God.

I was so mad, but he thought it was so romantic and perfect!! And, of course, by now I do too : )

Now off to figure out a more foolproof idea for his birthday....

Haha, that's so cute! I love sending my boyfriend baked things but since I'm a TERRIBLE cook/baker/chef/soup mistress, I always save it for super special occasions such as Christmas time when the family is already baking cookies anyway, or his birthday since I can cheat and just use that Instant brownie mix (which I STILL somehow manage to ruin!). Thank goodness he's a gentleman and pretends to love them anyway! Haha.

You should take pics the next time you bake something so cute looking! I've never seen fondant used to decorate cookies and they sound like they were really detailed and pretty!

Comment

That's too bad that they got ruined...but it's the thought that counts!

Just an idea for next time: look at some military wife internet sites and you'll find tons of ideas on sending baked goods. I've heard of people making cake-in-a-jar with lots of success. Here are two recipe but there are probably hundreds if you look:

Comment

that's a shame but at least he got the hearts!

Comment

Whenever I send cookies, I look for recipes that don't go stale quickly, and aren't fancy or decorated, they just travel better especially if they get held up in customs. Usual chocolate chip cookies work pretty well, and plain sugar, too! I love those cake in a jar suggestions mllebamako posted though, I'm going to try them next
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X