Second anniversary and I suck at buying presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second anniversary and I suck at buying presents

Okay, so, I didn't want to start a new thread but didn't really know where else to put this. Hope I got the right place.

So, our second anniversary will be here in a few short months, and it'll be the first anniversary of ours actually spent together. It'll be on his side of the pond, so he's hinted-in-the-way-that's-blatantly-obvious he's planning something special.

Not to be outdone, I'll be buying the standard gift of lingerie (for me, not him, which always makes me think this is a massively selfish gift), but I also want to do something really nice and sentimental for him, because I'm the least affectionate and sentimental person there is - even for English standards - and I think this sometimes does get to him because he's much more open with his emotions.

I really want to show him I can be sweet and gooey when the occasion calls for it, but I'm just so useless at buying gifts. My thought so far is a really swanky watch I've seen that tells both New York time and London time.

Is that corny? It's totally corny, isn't it? Anyone have any better suggestions?

I don't think it's corny. I think it's a very sweet idea actually and you could write him a little note with it that said, "our love has withstood the test of time" or "our love is timeless". I think you should definitely write him something heartfelt as well since you are usually as open with your feelings as he is. I think he would appreciate it.

Comment

Oh, I like that timeless line. I could probably get that engraved, too. Do you think a watch is personal enough?

Comment

I love the watch idea! I like how it shows both times and every time he wears it he'll be thinking of you.

Comment

The watch idea is scary for me! I know my guy wants one, but it's such a personal thing I'm not ready to tackle it! haha
          I think though, if you want something sappier, team it up with a small crafted book, like a scrap book, photo book or something with the lyrics to your meaningful songs or whatever. Hand-made gifts are always heart-touching, especially if they come with an awesome watch!
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I think watches are very personal! Especially if your guy is someone who likes watches and wears them frequently. It'll be something that he can get use of and will remind him of you. Also, watches come in a variety of styles so picking out something he likes would really show that you know him well.

Comment

Okay! Thanks for all of your splendiferous advice/reassurance. Here's my trouble now: I've narrowed it down to two watches, one which has both times, and another which only has one clock face but I absolutely KNOW he would love to bits, because it's totally his style. Which do I get? I'm leaning towards the one I think he'd like more, and Zephii's handmade suggestion.

Also, I find it hard to write emotional or meaningful or soppy. I always think he's going to laugh at me. I know he won't, it's just that's how I was raised. Do you think a collage of pictures might work instead of words? Or is that copping out?

Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X