Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have all gifts you've sent and recieved been liked and appriciated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have all gifts you've sent and recieved been liked and appriciated?

I wanted to put a package together for my man, I wanted to put stuff in there that will make him think of me and make him smile. This is a 'just because' package because there really isn't any important occasion.

So, I got a box and painted it his favourite colour, inside there is

2 souvenirs. (we're in different countries and his never been here) It's a key ring, and a ornament.

I made a wooden box, put ' I ♥ U' on the front, and when he opens it on the inside of the lid it reads ' You know it's true love when no matter how far apart we are, we can still make each other smile' - Inside the box there are 'coupons' that I made for him, for when I go to see him in a few months like home cooked meal, breakfast in bed, massages, a one time card to have control of the tv remote, one card to win an argument and stuff along those lines.

He always says he has bad memory so I wrote him a 'book' of our story so far, but I made it to look more like a magazine and I also made it in a way that throughout time we can add more pages into it. (as our story progresses) I did it more for it to be something sweet but also hope he'll find it funny not only for things written inside but because I 'think' his memory is so bad he needs it

I also put in there a packet of cookies I am always telling him about, they don't have these where he lives (I've checked and I know I'm allowed to send them) so he can try them.

We always joke that when he gets mad at me I imagine him turning red in the face with anger so I got him a stress ball its got a face drawn on it and it's red.

Everything is wrapped and has post it notes on them with a number in the order I want him to open them in.

I've also hand written him a letter.

I put everything together and then I thought to myself, I wonder if he'll appriciate and like any of this? It's pretty much a bunch of 'nothings' cost wise it's also not expensive things, but I did put a lot of effort and thought into it.

So I thought I would ask what your expiences have been, as the title says, have all gifts you've sent and recieved been liked and appriciated?

I sent a 'just because' care package to my boyfriend a few weeks ago. Mine was similar to yours in that it was basically just a bunch of small gifts. I attached tags to each one explaining why I included them and wrote a letter as well. He LOVED it... I included a frame with two pictures of us inside and when he got it, he showed it to me on Skype, almost started crying, and told me that he takes it everywhere with him... like he takes it in his car when he goes somewhere. XD Also, I put in a mix CD, which I know he's been listening to when he drives. Yesterday, he sent me a text saying that it is "more jammin than the 65gb of music on [my] ipod" so he still loves it, which makes me happy. =]
    So anyway, long story short, I'm sure the fact that you put a lot of thought and time into the package will not go unnoticed and your boyfriend will adore it just as much as mine did. Your box sounds adorable, by the way!

Comment

It sounds like a great package, I don't think you have to worry about him not appreciating it! My So has never not liked anything I've sent.

Comment

Yes! I think my SO actually prefers the "inexpensive" things. I still love giving her jewelry, DVDs or books, but she also really enjoys those hand-crafted gifts as well. Like the kiss flip book I once made her.

Comment

Now I need to get myself to the post office so I can mail it to him. Thank you for the replies

Comment

I have done a story for my SO before he loved it still has it after I think it's been 3 years now. and he want's me to continue it. He has a bad memory as well. which I planning to send him out a package soon of the story and a few other things I know he will enjoy. he still has every letter I have written for him too. I am sure yours will enjoy it.

Comment

wow- I seriously love what you did for your boyfriend! I just met mine for the 1st time a few weeks ago and I gave him 2 cds- 1 had the songs that remind us of the other and the other cd was a burned copy of his favorite singer's that he didn't have. he listens to our cd constantly! then I made him a DVD of all of the clips that we've shared with each other on FB- from tv shows and movies. I also gave him a bottle of a drink that they only sell here where I live.

when he comes to see me in a few months I'll have made at least 2 more cds with more of our songs on it and maybe another DVD. also, while he's here, I will have his favorite cookies made and I will also make my favorite kind because he's never had them before. I just ordered pictures and I plan on sending them to him along with a love letter (my 1st to him) and maybe something else as part of a "just because" package.

Comment

Oh my gosh, that is so sweet.
                I can't see how he could NOT like it!

Comment

Thank you everyone. I've sent it already now just waiting for him to get it and wait and see what he thinks of it. Now that I've sent it I'm paranoid he won't get it and it'll get lost or something, but I still have a few more days to go before it reaches the 'latest' day it should get to him according to the lady at the post office.

Am I the only one that worries whether what you send will be lost or not? lol

Comment

That is a very sweet idea and i am sure whatever you send him he will love! Bc i know whatever i send my boyfriend he loves will his whole heart i sent a lot of letter and cards and whenever i am writing the cards and letters i send whatever is around me like pictures or draws or other cute stuff. but i do love you "just because" package

Comment

I gave my SO a painting for his birthday just passed, I dont actually think he liked it, but his dad does! xD
                      He keeps saying how much it looks like him!

Comment

My first gift to my SO was to decorate his place (he's moved in a month earlier). I did all the decor for his living room, master bedroom, kitchen (also got him glassware and other kitchen ware) and he loved it. The things he loved the most was the framed pictures of his son and the ones of me. He also loved the scented oil burner. He doesn't have much dress shirts, he's a minimalist (and doesn't have much clothes or anything except candle holders, my fault)so I purchased a few dress shirts for him and a tee (as I stole his fav). He loves whatever I get him because he's appreciative of the thought.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd just like to update to say he recieved it.

He said he'd never recieved a gift so thoughtful in his life, he said he was trying his harderst to hold back the tears, no one's ever made him feel like I have before and said it was by far the best gift ever.

I'm very proud of myself! haha I do think I have my work cut out for me now for any other presents I get him lol but I'm so happy he was happy and 'smiling ear to ear'.

Comment

Working...
                          X