His Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His Birthday

My SO's Birthday is in, well, November but I'm panicking on what to get him. I want it to be that 'perfect gift' as last year I didn't do so well. I made him a website. This year I want to get him something physical, though. What I'm thinking of? A Birthday Package. I got a few ideas of what I want to be in it, but other than those I'm stuck. So far I got:
    • a card
    • a t-shirt from the town I'm moving in this weekend
    • maybe a keychain from my town, too
    • a bottle of my perfume
    • a letter
    • a pair of, ahem, my personals
    • he likes monkeys, so maybe a plush one
    • a CD of our songs
    • candy
    • a bookmark

Those are small stuff, though, which I can get for less than $10 each. I want to get him something big, as well. I have a few ideas, but I can't use them all:
    • dog tags

He isn't the guy to wear jewelry, though he's planning on wearing his 'Love knows no distance.' bracelet. So I was thinking of these:

Instead of the 'World's Best Dad', I'm planning on keeping it blank or having our initials. But, have 'Loving from a distance since May 11, 2010' engraved on the back of the two tags.
    • a bracelet

I know he isn't the type to wear jewelry, but this would match his other one. Besides, I'm sure he'd wear it:

I'll have 'May 11, 2010' engraved instead of 'Best Friends'.

I have one more idea.
    • a usb stick

He's a geek, no offence to him. So I seen this, and thought 'Should I?':

I'm not sure what I'll engrave it with, though. Any suggestions?

Okay, as I stated above I'm not able to use all three gifts since they're expensive. So what do you vote that I give him? Also, any ideas on small gifts as well? Thank you in advance, by the way. All help will be appreciated.

I don't think I would get the bracelet since he already got the LFAD one. I know you can't really compare the two, but I'd get something completely different then! I like the usb stick. Some people carry their usb stick everywhere around with them and it would be nice to get such a personalized one.

Comment

Okay, that makes sense. So the bracelet is off my list! Well his Birthday list. It could make a good Christmas or Valentine's gift one year. Hm, yeah I might go with the USB stick since he'll get more use out of it. Maybe I could fill it up with pictures of myself? But the thing is I don't what what to write on it. I could simply put the date when we start going out and plan to get married on, or his name and email like the picture suggests to make it more for 'him' and not for 'us'. We have a word we use for love, which is 'agape'. I could simply engrave that word, or maybe his nickname across the stick. Ideas are appreciated...

Comment

Yes, you could put pictures of yourself on there, a short video or even songs - anything really! I like the idea of putting is name and email address on the stick, but I also really like the love word. It's your choice really!

Comment

Well, the good thing about this site is that I can engrave both sides! I can have 'agape' on the front, then his name and email on the back?

Comment

Actually, now I'm leaning towards another gift. It's a bookmark that I can engrave. He loves to read, it's how we met. I could put our initials 'K & M' with LDR quotes...

Comment

As a geek myself, I like the idea of the usb stick. If he's in school, most likely he will use it a lot. I like the idea of engraving his name and 'agape'. I think putting his email address on it would make it less...romantic? Maybe get like a lanyard that he can put it on along with keys and other things that way he can carry it around easily. You never know when it will come in hand

Would you mind sharing the site where you can get the usb stick? Might use it in the future

Comment

I love the idea about the dog tags!

Comment

@ Jimbo.
                  That's true about it being less romantic if I put his email down, so I shall not do not if I use the usb stick. Click here for the site I found it on.

@ XxMeg589xX
                  Yeah, I know. :3 It was my first idea so I may stick with it. I'm not sure yet, though. But feel free to use it!

Comment

Thanks! Maybe I'll get my SO something for Christmas from that site
                    You said that he's not the one to wear jewelry. I'm the same way. If anything I just wear a watch on occasion. But when I went to visit my SO, he gave me a bracelet too and now wear that almost everyday because it's special. If he were to give me some other kind of jewelry, I'm not too sure I'd wear it constantly, depending on what it is, like maybe a necklace, but not a ring. Try finding out if he would wear any additional jewelry just to make sure

Comment

No problem. Yeah, as for jewelry he only wears his ring (which he's planning on giving to me) and his 'Love knows no distance.' bracelet once he receives it. Other than those two objects, I don't think he'll wear anything else. So I may stick with the usb stick or the bookmark I found.

Comment

Working...
                      X