Shipping cupcakes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping cupcakes??

I'm not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

I want to send my SO cupcakes for his birthday and I've sent him cookies before no problem besides those have been a lot easier to send. I've seen the mason jar idea but I'm not a big fan of that. Has anyone else shipped cupcakes using a different method? If so how did it work?

Thanks =)

send them with a small container or do it yourself icing so they don't get all gooey on the way over?

Comment

With cupcakes you're always running the risk of them getting all squished. You can either put them in a plastic container and maybe write something on the box to let people know that they should handle it with care, or... I don't think I have any other ideas if you don't like the jar.

Comment

Hmmm...that depends. Are you international? If so, I don't recommend it, because they'll be stale by the time they get there, especially if they get held up in customs (that happened to some cookies I made for my guy). If you aren't, maybe put those plastic toothpicks in the top, and push them to the bottom of the cupcake, so when they get bounced around, the icing won't hit or stick to the lid? Good luck, and if you find a good way, could you please post it?
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

The mason jar is generally the most reliable method. Another way that I've used is to bake the cupcakes and ice them, and then put a plastic dixie cup over them (if you need to, shove a little tinfoil into the bottom so they don't slide. Then put the cupcakes into a box that is level with the top of the cup.

Oh, I found a link to a website that did it similar to me. I know I didn't give very good instructions as I'm in a bit of a rush. Hopefully the site can explain it better!

https://iheartcuppycakes.com/2008/03...cake-solution/

Comment

Working...
          X