Where to buy his birthday present?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy his birthday present?

Ok so my mans birthday is at the end of October, at the moment we are both hoping I will be there from the start of Oct until the beggining of Nov, and I'm struggling to decide if I should buy him a present here, and take it with me or buy it over there.

I've made a mental list of buy here VS buy there and I'm going to write it down here and hope you all can help me out lol

Buy here

I'll be buying in advance (always a plus since I hate last minute shopping)

I'll have the chance to try get something that is uniquely from here ..getting something from an other country always seems more exciting.

I'll have to take it over there with me depending on what it is, there might be a concern that maybe on the trip it could break or something. (again denpending on what)

Once I get there I will have to hide it from him for a long time. I don't see this being possible.

Buy there

I won't have the stress of making sure it arrives there safely, or have to worry about hiding it for too long.

I get to go shopping over there.

Since I will be there with him it will be easier to figure out what he may want/need without obviously asking.

I'm worried that the only chance I'll get to go shopping will be with him, and well, I obviously don't want him knowing/seeing what I get him, and it would make it a very awkward shopping trip lol

Soooooo buy here or buy there? I still haven't even thought about what I could get him cause I've been busy worrying about where I should get it from first lol

I would narrow down the options for what to get first, before deciding where to get it. Obviously if it's fine china or very large, or electronic and the voltage is different or something, don't get it at home, but most things will be fine on the plane if you wrap it well.

Usually I buy it before I go and hide whatever it is in a part of my suitcase he wont go into if I'm like "hon, pass that blue shirt..." not remembering that something's hidden. Or you could just say "don't touch my stuff I'm hiding something from you" that usually works lol
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Yeah thinking of what I will get him might make my decision a little easier lol

Comment

Working...
      X