His 19th Birthday Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His 19th Birthday Present

Okay, so I have a pretty good Idea of what I want to get my SO for his birthday, but I need to flesh out some of the details before I can start.

FIRST PART: He told me a while back that every important person in his life at one time or another has given him a watch for his collection. After telling me this story, he told me that I should help him pick out a watch so he has one from me.
    My idea was to just to pick out and buy the watch myself, but so many logistical questions come into play. I'm going to be visiting him at his college 7 days after his birthday, so he told me any gift I get him should be in person.

So, do I buy the watch there in CA? Or here in FL? And how much should I be willing to spend? I AM a poor college student, but I want it to be a nice watch he'll be proud to wear. Any suggestions for websites, store, etc?

SECOND PART: I want to instead of getting him a card, to get a spiral sketchbook and write little messages, quotes, and my "version" of some of my favorite memories of him. Any Suggestions on good Love or LDR quotes, Song Lyrics, examples from love letters you've written...? Anything to fill up this book in 30 days (yes, I want it filled cover to cover, no blank spaces or pages!) would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!
    Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
    Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
    This much I know is true...
    That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

No one has any ideas?? It's a pretty large sketchbook, I just got it today... any favorite love quotes, songs.... anything?

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

My favorite LDR quote is:
      Distance means nothing when someone is everything to you

I also like:
      Everyday we're apart brings us one day closer together

Some other good love quotes:
      Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice but falling in love with you I had no control over.

“I love you; not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.”

I wanna be with you now, then, always, and forever

Love is giving someone the power to break your heart but trusting them enough not to.

All we need is us.

"I am going to love you like this forever."- The Other Boleyn Girl

"I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't do anything but think about him. At night I dream about him, all day I wait to see him, and when I do see him my heart turns over and I think I will faint with desire."- The Other Boleyn Girl

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." -unknown

Here's to the moments where we didn't think about right and wrong, where we just lived, crossed our fingers, and hoped for the best

"Promise you won't forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave." ~Winnie the Pooh

Song Lyrics:
      Nobody but me gonna love you like you ought to be loved on
      Nobody but me gonna cry if you up and leave You can do what you want to,
      But I'm asking pretty please (Honey) Don't go loving on nobody but me.

Unsinkable ships, sink
      Unbreakable walls, break
      Sometimes the things you think would never happen
      Happens just like that
      Unbendable steel, bends
      If the fury of the wind is unstoppable
      I've learned to never underestimate
      The impossible

I hope that helped a little bit! You can always try googling "love quotes" or something similar

sigpic

Comment

put the lyrics of "the promise" by tracey chapman, such a cute song.
        and my favourite quote is "distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other"
        my boyfriend's 19th birthday was on the 5th of this month, and i got to spend it with him, and i surely went overboard with presents, such as getting an imperial suite and throwing him a surprise party, or getting us a couples massage, but i feel like the present he liked the most was a watch i got him, he is so proud of it, and shows it to everyone. i got his at jared's, but also khols, jcpenney, and macy's have nice watches, and some of them are actually cheap. a watch is something he can always carry around and think of you while wearing it good luck with the notebook!

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

put the lyrics of "the promise" by tracey chapman, such a cute song.
        and my favourite quote is "distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other"
        my boyfriend's 19th birthday was on the 5th of this month, and i got to spend it with him, and i surely went overboard with presents, such as getting an imperial suite and throwing him a surprise party, or getting us a couples massage, but i feel like the present he liked the most was a watch i got him, he is so proud of it, and shows it to everyone. i got his at jared's, but also khols, jcpenney, and macy's have nice watches, and some of them are actually cheap. a watch is something he can always carry around and think of you while wearing it good luck with the notebook!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

I also just found this website that might give you some good/ cute ideas:

https://notebookoflove.com/

sigpic

Comment

Depending on how long your SO and you have been together and how much you can comfortably afford should determine the price to spend on the watch.

To be honest, my SO and I did not buy birthday presents for one another our first year together. Cards and a night out yes, but no presents. In general unless I've been with someone for over a year I would NOT spend more than $50-100 on a gift. If I were a starving student and travelling across country to see my SO on his birthday I would most likely forgo the present altogether or keep it simple and from the heart like the nice book idea you have, which I think is fantastic, and maybe a home-cooked meal or something else simple but special.

If you are intent on purchasing a watch for him however, I think you should do it alone. BTW Fossil has some nice watches that are pretty good priced IMO.

My favorite love quote:

Absence diminishes small loves, and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Favorite song lyrics from Lucky by Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat (absolutely love the entire song):

They don't know how long it takes
            Waiting for a love like this
            Every time we say goodbye
            I wish we had one more kiss
            I'll wait for you I promise you, I will

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
            Lucky to have been where I have been
            Lucky to be coming home again

Lucky we're in love in every way
            Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
            Lucky to be coming home someday

Comment

I am artistically uncreative, but I just wanted to say that the sketchbook idea is AWESOME.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

Thanks guys!
                I actually had decided pretty early on to ditch the watch because it was just too much of a hassle right now... but a good idea for later important holidays

The sketchbook is almost done, and it AMAZING! It's filled with loads of songs, letters from me, quotes, a list of 100 reasons why I love him... and some drawings as well
                I hope he likes it! Because I've been pouring all of my free time into it to make it perfect.

Feel free to steal the idea, I already had one friend in an LDR do that.... there's tons of sketchbooks for dirt cheap on Amazon... and I'm sure you can always hit up a local art store if, unlike me, you have a car.
                I might post some pictures of my favorite pages later on before I ship it off (yeah, bad news: my trip got moved to the 21st, not the 7th. Rawr!)
                Last edited by Bobbiejeanne; September 20, 2011, 01:12 AM. Reason: Typo :)

Comment

Working...
                X