Etched Glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etched Glasses

You can make a matching set of glasses - wine glasses etc- most hobby stores will carry armor etching. It's a liquid and you find glasses from any where like Pier One to other stores.

You could buy the kits but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. You are just better off going with the liquid and finding stencils (should be in the same area of hobby store) called over and over - these are already cut - otherwise you have to cut them yourself.. It has you only applying it once - but once I have all the bubbles out from adhering it to glass and taped - double check bubbles. push any out i missed, a cheap brush can be used to apply armor etch. you should wear gloves.. (i haven't and am none the worse for it). It sits on for 3-5 minutes - then you rinse.. this is where you normally take off the stencils.. but I don't.. I dry the glass.. repeat.. and do this 3 times.. I wasn't happy with the result from just one. .It is imperative though you make sure all bubbles are out.. and the tape is solid.. you can use clear nail polish to fix any mistakes or cover the mistake with a different stencil.. it's unique.. one of a kind.. and a bottle of armor etch goes a long way. Also, look for coupons where you can get 40-50% off an item.. and it makes it easily affordable with masking tape.. and a cheap brush..

very unique gift.. and you can guarantee the only matching one will be yours..
    “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
    ~Washington Irving

Such a cool idea! Does armor etch work on mugs?

Comment

it lists the products it will work on.. I'll link the site -

https://www.armourproducts.com/
      “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
      ~Washington Irving

Comment

This looks really neat. Do you know how it holds up in the dishwasher?

Comment

Yes it does..

Here is one that I did on a stemless wine glass..

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...VhF*XXoHNBY%24

This one I made for his personal assistant - and forgive the smudges.. things fingerprint up easily on this specific glass. Glass cleaner works wonder
          ~Washington Irving

Comment

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...16oY6J4gEGE%24

Set of 4 glasses.
            ~Washington Irving

Comment

Working...
            X