Anniversary presents :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary presents :)

So in a short while, my SO and I will have been together for a year. Unfortunately, I'm a little stuck for ideas xD I was wondering, what sort of presents have those of you who've been in an LDR for over a year given each other on your anniversaries? I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear yours as well

for our first anniversary, i bought a little music box mechanism which plays "I wanna hold your hand" by The Beatles and made a little box for it to go in. And I bought him a dog tag because we plan on getting a puppy when we're settled down after a while both were small and cheap to send to the USA too

This year (our anniversary is halloween) I am buying us tickets to go up the eiffel tower for when we go to paris for New Years, and I am buying a message in a bottle from a company in the USA to send to his apartment for an actual physical gift

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I didn't give my SO this for our 1 year but for Valentine's Day but I think it would make a great anniversary gift as well.
      I purchased a gift from personalcreations.com, it was a set of key-chains and if you put them together they formed a heart with our names engraved on them and the date of our anniversary, he has the one with my name on it and I have the one with his name on it, he loved it!
      It's also a fairly cheap gift, I think I only spent about $15 plus shipping for it. I'm not sure if the website still offers it but if they don't they probably have something similar.

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

It was last year, we wanted to go to DC for vacations but I couldn't pay the ticket (it was december and last minute, so the tickets were really expensive) so that was his gift. And also dinner in a fancy restaurant. He gave me jewelry but only in my birthdays hehehe.

I made him an album in shutterfly.com with pics of us during all of our first year (that was our 1st aniversary) month by month. Like we were clouse distance in that moment I had too many pics! He loved it! Now I want to make it a tradition and give him an album every anniversary but with something else

Comment

It's my SO's birthday, but the present I made him works for an anniversary too. I was inspired by https://www.instructables.com/id/I-l...ttle-Key-Ring/. Had to scour the craft store for a good vial to modify into a key chain and got the little plate engraved at a shop. Turned out pretty cute!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Well i wasnt able to send him anything for our anniversaries, so all mine were online. But usually we would just spend the whole day together, go on webcam together. But for our 2nd anniversary he sent me this white sapphire sterling silver ring. Omg its so pretty it looks like a wedding ring. For a present I did give him, I had went online and to the Disney store, my SO loves Disney and his favourite is the jungle book. Was so lucky they had one! And it happened to be on sale too which also was lucky, but the only jungle book item they had. So I bought him the jungle book pin to add to his collection. If i had money, for his Christmas present I would do a care package, I would add some things he could use but also some personal touches. I like being creative, so maybe make him a custom t-shirt. But only you know your SO best, so what is he into? Have fun with it!
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think sentimental gifts are good though I'm not usually the sentimental gift giver. My SO likes video games, music, and electronics in generally so I usually stay in that region. This year it was a really nice gaming headset and a video game. Last year, I got him a nice pair of headphones and a program that you can use to make songs. If you are looking for something more sentimental, last Valentine's Day I got him a custom journal that I had made by a seller on etsy. It was made from an old vinyl record and the pages had his initials on them. On the first page I had taken time and written him a little message as well. He really loved it. Luckily, we've been together for all of our anniversaries, but on his birthday since we couldn't be together, I made him a little video singing happy birthday to him as well as sending him a gift.

Comment

Working...
              X