Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silliest thing you've ever given/received from your 'SO' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silliest thing you've ever given/received from your 'SO' ?

I think this is pretty self-explanatory...what is the thing that's made you go 'wha...?' or just plain old made you laugh This can be something you've given or received from your SO.

To start...

Silliest thing I've ever received from the dude: Hamburger menu from a place we visited with a circle around my favourite kind when I said I really wanted another one -_- He's also sent random things I've left at his place because it's a running joke that I have a brain like swiss cheese. When he sent me a single sock I'd left there I was both appalled and amused. He also offered to send me a puffin once. A dead one but apparently they hunt and eat them in Iceland. Realising my English-disgust, he instead sent me chocolate. Good lad!

Silliest thing I've ever given: Fake mustaches, fake glasses and nose and mince pies because he didn't know what they were. I also sent him a lock of my hair once after a night of 'randomthingstotypeinebay'. Someone was selling a lock of hair which triggered the stupidity....O.o When I think of the money we've wasted sending genuinely stupid crap to each other it makes me facepalm.

So, come on No melancholy, no lovey dovey-ness...what has genuinely cracked you up?
    sigpic

I just sent him a copy of " A lovely Love story" By Edward Monkton- the boy has been pretty "sad-mode" this week. So I thought a story about dinosaurs in love would cheer him up

I also sent him some chocolate robots from my favourite chocolate shop here in England, he saved them till I came to visit, and we watched as they melted in the microwave when we were making s'mores lol

He once sent me memory-foam shoe insoles, because I had been complaining my feet hurt after starting my new job. But he didn't have a note in it or anything. I was freaking out all afternoon because I thought some criminal was using my card to buy shoe inserts hehe one of my dumb-brunette moments lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I made him a pet rock once, it was very elaborate haha

The funniest thing he sent me would be... a random yellow craft feather.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

He bought me a ridiculous looking purple monkey. It's so ugly - but I love it. And there's the time he thought he'd fake me out by sticking a ring pop in a ring box...but I wasn't so amused by that one.

I got him a lightsaber at Christmas time which was filled with M & M's. He played with it for 3 months before finally realizing it contained chocolate - the dork

Comment

The silliest thing I've received from him - well it's a toss up.. the one that made me go What? he sent me vintage clothes.. then told me ladies drape these on their foot boards.. (what foot board..) they are beautiful but I was totally scratching my head on that one.

This is followed by a second box .. that contained something very private .. and a bear dressed in a devil suit.. what i didn't realize .. until I left the bear out of the box.. was it had.. um "wood" and my 18 yr old pointed it out and I think I went 7 shades of red.

Silliest thing I sent him - current package I'm working on - "Happy Thoughts" I picked up a cube box that contains a picture on each side.. and I'm going to print out places we've talked about traveling to - and I'm going to fill it with things we've said we would like to do.. I'm enclosing his own paper to add to it.. and I'm putting a tinkerbell picture on the top..

This package also has a build a bear I made for him - it's supposed to be me - and says I love you.. lol I just hope he gets it.

lol
          “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
          ~Washington Irving

Comment

I sent him cat ears :P. Also, before we were even dating, I sent him cookies. That obviously sealed our then-oncoming relationship in stone xD

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

I have been given SO many ringpops.
              Never in a box though!

Comment

I changed birth control pills and my boobs grew heaps. I thought I was making normal clothes look slutty and I stopped wearing certain tops to work because of it. He sent me a care package which included what I have dubbed "boobie bibs". Its like a fake under singlet which clips onto your bra straps and is sort of the shape of a bib. It was supposed to be a joke because he bought them before I changed birth control but I totally ended up using them.

The silliest thing I've sent him was a little crochet poop with bead eyes and a little smile and a pink ribbon flower. Its ridiculously cute. I saw it on etsy and since he's called me his turd person for years (we've only been dating 7 months) it just seemed perfect. He totally loved it.

Comment

On a trip to NYC with my BF, he and I went to Toys 'R' Us in Times Square. While we were there I saw these toys called Calico Critters. I used to have dozens of them when I was a little girl 25 years ago and I played with them all day every day. I mentioned that to him in passing. A week later when he was already back home in Cali, I received a package. Inside was a set of twin Calico Critter bunnies. Such a silly little gift that meant so much to me!

Comment

Today he put a used stick of deodourant in the mail for me. NZ doesn't have the brand he uses and I *needed* to smell "him" again. Hahahaha!

Comment

^Cute :3
                      I gave him cat ears. He gave me a small little toy helicopter on the last night before I left in February. I played with it like a 3 year old all the way home (5 hour flight o.o)

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                      -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                      \

Comment

Working...
                      X