need abit of help; making a gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need abit of help; making a gift

my SO and i are both very low on money, both for different reasons (mine personal, him because he is at uni).

We have decided that we dont want to splash out on christmas presents (i know its early to even think that, but it randomly came up in conversation. we both spent about 100 quid or so on each other last year... note we were 16 and going on 18 then :P)

So.... we are going to be making presents! or just buying something really cheap

I dont mind if he gives me something cheap. i have my gift - him being there at christmas

i dont particularly want to buy him something cheap though. makes me feel very stingy. sooooo im going to make him something!
    i really dont mind splashing out a little bit to make it...

so are there any ideas? ive already got the whole idea of making a CD, and ive already given him a book of our photos and memories (that was his 18 month gift!)

thankyou if you have any tips xx

EDIT: oh and his birthday is the 24th of december. ive already given him 30 pounds for something, and the only way he would accept the money is if i said it was his birthday present. still want to give him something though for that too xx

I was thinking of asking my SO if he wanted to make gifts this year. I haven't been working and already told my family that their christmas gift is going to be me flying home since I won't be able to afford gift on top of that.
    In the past I've bought a plain wooden picture frame from a craft store and pained it and added some heart stickers to it with a photo of the two of us. I also asked him what his favorite animal was and made him an pony bead animal which he uses a keychain. He made me origami roses which were really cool. Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

actually, yes, that does help alot. he doesnt have a picture of us in a frame... yet....
      i think ill give him a CD and a picture frame, maybe engrave it a lil. i love getting excited when it comes to christmas because its anticipation for him being happy ^^

thankyou x

Comment

Working...
      X