Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrapbook of memoris and cute stuff Christmas/present idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrapbook of memoris and cute stuff Christmas/present idea?

Christmas is coming up. And i have no money. So whilst i was in the shower (im not weird, i swear) thinking of present ideas, i thought up this cute and personal idea it could be used for any occasion really. I guess you can add bits to it to make it xmas or bday :P I dont think its been posted before...
    I had the idea of making a book out of A4 card and paper, and taking Disney movie quotes (he's a disney freak) and sticking pictures of us in there with the quotes, and disney pictures. I also found song lyrics to go in there, and pictures and old train tickets, cinema tickets, notes, and other silly little things to stick into it. I was also gonna write little notes in there, and also i was thinking of putting in a USB stick with a video of me, holding up little written signs saying something.
    This december time is a special time for us too - a year since we first 'met' in person So its an awesome time this year >.< I think its a good little present, and a personal thing he can keep with him >.<
    Anyone have any other suggestions? Sorry if this has been posted before! >.<

I love the idea it's very cute.

Comment

My SO made me a scrapbook of a trip we took. I loved it I'm sure your SO would too

Comment

I love this idea! I'm thinking of eventually doing that for my SO. I am working on a project for him now, I haven't decided when to give it to him. I write him a letter each day either talking about my day or us, or whatever's on my mind. I'm going to eventually compile them and decorate it and maybe make a book of letters to him.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
          I love this idea! I'm thinking of eventually doing that for my SO. I am working on a project for him now, I haven't decided when to give it to him. I write him a letter each day either talking about my day or us, or whatever's on my mind. I'm going to eventually compile them and decorate it and maybe make a book of letters to him.
          I'm doing the same thing (:
          I was hoping it would help with the distance after his visit this December, and when he gets lonely he can open it up and it will be almost as good as me sitting there talking to him.
          Clear shelf paper or those photo holders with a sticky side and the clear sheet of thin plasticy stuff for photo albums are really handy. I keep my dried flowers in them and it keeps stuff from falling out. It might be cute to buy a couple of baseball card holders(i'm not sure how big your book is) and put something in each one relating to christmas and tell him to open one up every day until christmas like one of those advent calendar things. I've heard of people printing out important text/email/msn messages to each other and putting them inside, too.

Comment

I'm making one of my own too!!!
            A couple of days ago I was buying some things for my work and saw the most beautiful notebook ever with a sign which says: "Thinking of you" and inmediately I thought of him, and decided to buy it.
            It's the first time I do something like this so I'm not really sure what to put in it but song lyrics and phrases that remind me of him or us will work.
            Btw, the Disney thing idea is really cute!!! But if I have to choose something he loves I would say Beer!!! lol And I don't think a beer scrapbook would really work
            Some pictures of me maybe and the USB stick idea, I thought of that too ...
            Does he know your city? As my SO haven't been here, I'm planning to make a video of my favourite spots in town and share them with him.
            Maybe you can do something similar and if he does know your city maybe you can choose some places where you've been together.

Sorry I don't have more ideas, this just hit me 2 days ago haha, but I'll let you knoe if I come out with something

Good luck with that!

Comment

@NineInchNails_x - I love the idea of important emails/msn! I think i will find the first convo me and him had sorta confessing to eachother how we felt >.< Thanks!
              @rhomy - He has been all round my city a few times, but it gave me an idea to go back to the place where he proposed to me, and saying something whilst standing there, and going back to a few places which are special to us and taking some videos and putting them together Lol i chose Disney because he loves anything to do with Disney - We're going to see The Lion King in the westend in london in january I could get some bits and pieces together from that and give it to him as a late xmas present >.<

Comment

Anyone have anymore ideas to share? Running low on ideas for what to include!

Comment

I am toying around with the idea of making a parody to the 12 days of christmas song and make it into a scrapbook.

thinking about using this:
                  https://scrapbooking.craftgossip.com...gs/2010/10/12/

or making something similar.
                  our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Thats quite a good site Thanks

Comment

Ive made the scapbook base now Now all i need to do is fill the pages! I'll post some pictures

Comment

Things like that are always a great idea! I made my SO a "do it yourself" calender for our 2 anniversary. It turned out awesome and I had soooo much fun making it for him. I put in photos of us, tickets from concerts or trips to tourist sites, I drew a few things, even printed out some things from the internet (like a picture of the HIMYM cast, because we always watch it together, or the logo of our favorite chips that we always eat when we're having movie nights...oh, and the label of a wine we both love...I aranged some things by months (whenever something special happened) and on months where I didn't have a foto or something, I'd put everyday stuff about us...and of course I wrote some quotes or memories down also...and on the last page, I wrote a looong note, talking to the him in the present and the future (like, if you're reading this now...and if you're reading in december 2012....)
                        He was really happy and touched when I gave it to him! *lost in happy memories*

Comment

when my fiance and I have spent more time together, gone more places together, and taken more pictures I'm going to make him a photo book. I've made these for family members in the past and they're wonderful gifts!

Comment

Working...
                          X