meeting his WHOLE family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meeting his WHOLE family....

I know most of my SO's family, but over thanks giving i will be meeting all his aunts, uncles and cousins. Im white, he is black, there are alot of mixed relationships in his family, but i will be the first white girl brought to thanksgiving. I am a little nervous, im getting surgery this wednesday, so i wont be myself i dont want to come off rude, because i really try not to be....

they all bring food, its like a potluck of cultures. I was debating if i should bring something or not.

do yall think i should? ( i dont want to come off to over excited)

if i do heres what i was debating between
    watergate salad (its a desert that s tasty!!!)
    or crackers (not the food but the christmas things that you pop and they have prizes and jokes and stuff in them, this one might be easier with the surgery)

IDK, im a little nervous, especially since i will have had surgery recently. i might be over thinking this.

Nothing wrong with bringing a little something, especially if it's a potluck. I don't think it comes off too eager at all. I think it comes off friendly.

Since you're having surgery just before, and since you don't know the family yet, the crackers are a good idea. They're fun and everyone gets a prize and little crown. =)

Good luck!

Comment

thanks!!!!

Comment

Ooo yeah, I've definitely been the white girl at the family party It wasn't Thanksgiving but I brought small gifts for everyone. I think bringing crackers is a fun idea. Or you could bring wine (if they drink). Ask your SO what he thinks is best.

Comment

I think bringing something small would be nice. Don't worry too much about being the only white person, it sounds like mixed relationships is a common thing and I'm sure they will love you no matter what skin colour you are!

Comment

Working...
          X