Something to Make My SO Besides a Scrapbook or a Photo Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to Make My SO Besides a Scrapbook or a Photo Frame

My SO and I have been dating since March 17th, 2010, although we did have a break.
    For my SO and I's first Christmas, I bought him a New England Patriots jersey and I made him a scrapbook. I'm adding like 6 pages to the scrapbook right now.
    For Thanksgiving, I made him a photo frame with four of our favorite photos.
    Now for our second Christmas, I plan to buy him a New England Patriots sweatshirt.
    But I am completely lost of what to make him!
    I'm not all that crafty - only really good with paper things, if that makes sense.
    I've looked online but I can't find anything I really like.
    Please help!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Hm...you could try a journal, writing ur story/thoughts to send him. I just did that for my SO. You could also look into Origami which is just a fun challenging activity. Send him a bunch of critters, or a bouquet of flowers (i know not all guys are into that heh) I hate the Pats but...lol, you could try to do a team book for him. List of players, stats, and a little graph for him to fill in and keep track during the season. Could probably do a history of the Pats if you wanted to dig. That's all i can think of for paper crafts.
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Thanks so much!
      I love the Pats but I realize most people don't :P I grew up in Jersey so that's a big Jets area which calls for interesting discussion/screaming hahaha.

Comment

I made my SO a calendar, i personalized it with pictures and cut outs and wrote in it. So while he's counting down until we see each other.

You can make a flap book, You can get a blank book at craft stores and then make sort of like a lap book. Have flaps and pockets that you open up. But thats similar to a scrap book.

Making a video is pretty easy now. Most computers have movie makers. And there self explanatory. You can add pictures and videos, then burn it onto a cd.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

LOL I'm in NY, so Giants all the way! My SO likes the Packers....he loves to rub it in when the Giants lose especially bc Green Bay is having an undefeated season. The great thing is, when he went home the shirt i gave him that smells like me is my #27 Brandon Jacobs NY Giants shirt...bwahahahah. =)
          "You want for myself
          You get me like no one else
          I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
          Even in the darkest part of me
          I am beautiful with you
          Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
          You're here with me
          Just show me this and I'll believe
          I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

well i dont have lots of money to spend soooooo i decided to use my photoshop skills and my art skills to make him a story book, since i feel weird of sending him an actual book im using windows movie maker and making a sort of slide show? or movie book lol and im adding songs that he has dedicated to me or that go with the story line, i think its pretty cute cuz ur putting in effort into it. Since i have an art tablet i personally drew the stick figures and what not, im doing something like this:

https://members.lovingfromadistance....ugs-and-kisses

i hope this helps!! If not you can make stars out of paper and fill a bottle with them!!! GOOGLE THEM: LUCKY STARS

Comment

OMG thank you guys so much! I love all of these ideas. This is why this site is awesome :]

And rubydissolution that is so funny! I wish I could do that but we like the same team. He's a lot more insane of a fan than I am though. I poke fun at him for it :P

Comment

If you're musical (or even if you're not!) cover one of your favourite "couple" song and give him a disc with the video and a slide show or something else on it! I'm doing that this year as my "crafty" gift. Learning our song on guitar and making a video of it for him!

Comment

Oh that would be great! I sing (and unfortunately no instruments... I tried to learn bass but it never happened haha) but I can do acapella!

Comment

I'm currently writing out a story I wrote about when we first met. I don't know where to print it so I am writing it all out in a cute book I found in a stationary store. It is a pain in the butt to write it all out as one line of computer type is about 3 in hand writing but it makes it seem a lot longer which I'm sure he will enjoy more then just two pages of type. For valentines day my SO made me some origami roses which are awesome. Back home we have pottery stores where you pick a piece out and paint it then they will put it in the kiln for you and you pick it up a couple days after. I painted him a coffee mug.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemnmz View Post

i hope this helps!! If not you can make stars out of paper and fill a bottle with them!!! GOOGLE THEM: LUCKY STARS
                      I spent 45 minutes making stars last night. It took a few tries to figure out how to make them right, but they're so cool!

First Met Online: October 2010
                      First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                      Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                      First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                      Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                      Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                      Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                      Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who answered! I'm seeing what I can do with my schedule and cost and everything :]

Comment

For my year and a half anniversary, I made my SO a journal that had "Top 15 Dating Events". I couldn't just pick 10, so I had 15 And each page I wrote what we did on the date and why I loved it. I even added a picture of us on that date! It's original and also handwritten, which is cute Good luck!

Comment

Ah that would be cool! I'd have to see if I have enough photos of dates. My SO is kinda camera shy sometimes :P

Comment

Working...
                            X