Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ornaments

this will my bf and my first Christmas together. I was thinking of getting (or making) an ornament that reflected this. after we get married I want to get new ornaments each year and add them to our tree. does any else do this?

I think that is a great idea! My parents started this with us as kids.

Comment

Growing up both my parents and my sister and I got a new ornament each year. You should see how packed full the tree is now! I like the idea and hope to continue it with my SO

Comment

I guess I may be starting a tradition in a way. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. I bought my SO a New York Yankees snowman ornament last year because he is a huge Yankee fan, and this year I'm giving him an ornament with a snowman and snowwoman on it, with a little spot for a picture of us and it says "Christmas 2011" on it. I may continue to buy him an ornament each year after this, but I don't know yet. It'd be nice to do that when we eventually close the distance and have our own tree and own place together one day.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

this is such a beautiful tradition i'd really like to start it with my SO once we move in together!
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I would LOVE to do this with my SO.

First Met Online: October 2010
            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

This is such a cute idea. When we were little every year my parents would take us to hallmark and we would each pick out a ornament, whichever we wanted. I remember one was this Christmas ball with tinker bell on top... it broke, but it was something special we did for a few years.I think it makes the sweetest memories.
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

I'd love to do this with my SO later! I don't think I got to pick a new one every year, but I'm sure it was pretty often! My mom is kind of a control freak though, so I always had to match the colors with those of the living room.

Comment

we have collected an ornaments to represent our year every year since i was born.

try an engraved one, that would be nice and cute (things remembered in the mall will do it!)

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X