I Want to Build Something for my SO's Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want to Build Something for my SO's Birthday

Hi there. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up in February. On top of the gifts I'm already sending her, I would like to build something for her as well. Something that I put my own creative ability into, that I can say I created especially for her. Right now I'm sending her a book of love poetry written specifically about and for her, but I would like to send something with it as well. I was thinking perhaps building a wooden box for her to keep her things in as well, with a personalized message burned into it for her. But for now, that's the only idea that comes to mind.

Does anybody have any other ideas? I want to do something that's at least somewhat (stereotypically) "masculine" for her. Something that deviates from "arts and crafts" and ventures more into building, but hopefully something at least somewhat simple.

For Christmas one year, my boyfriend made me a beautiful collage of our pictures and framed it. I love it! I have it over my bed. He filled it with pictures of us, our ticket stubs, whatnots. It was the perfect gift; I love waking up to it in the morning! If you wanted to use your carpenter skills, you could maybe build the frame. I don't know how complicated that would be though... Hope that was helpful!

Comment

I like the idea of building her a keepsake box with like a nice quote or the date ya'll got together on it

First Met Online: October 2010
      First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
      Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
      First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
      Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
      Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
      Engaged!: June 1, 2013
      Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...
      X