Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Distance Relationships Can Work (It did for me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance Relationships Can Work (It did for me)

Hi Everyone,

I check out these forums from time to time and decided to join to share my long distance relationship experience. I was in a long distance relationship for 7 years and we'd only get to see each other a few times a year. We ended up getting married this year and things have been great so far. Long distance definitely was difficult but we made it through with good communication, commitment and love.

I still have friends that are in long distance relationships and am always trying to give them encouragement to keep on going. I've seen many people breakup over the years because the distance was too much to handle.

Anyway I'll try to give advice where I can on the forum and hope I can help at least one person.

Aaron

omg, congratulations!!!

I've always had doubts about LDRs, cause I don't know if it really lasts that long. Like just last night, I got annoyed with him looking sleepy while skyping with me and he got annoyed with me being annoyed. It's hard not to get mixed signals when all you see is him on a screen, that and my internet suddenly died when we were trying to be sexy then he came while skype was dead and I got terribly annoyed and i cried all night.

He doesn't want to break up & is trying his best to talk to me right now. Im in Asia and he's in the US so there's a 13 hour difference. And to top that, his computer went dead so he has to go to a computer lab in his dorm tomorrow morning so we can skype. Aint problems grand? they just keep on piling up, don't they?
    sigpic
    Nobody knows who I really am
    Maybe they just don't give a damn
    But if I ever need someone to come along
    I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

Congrats
      Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!! thanx for giving me hope and for reminding me it is possible

Comment

aww...congrats!
            "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the forums!

First Met Online: October 2010
              First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
              Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
              First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
              Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
              Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
              Engaged!: June 1, 2013
              Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome to the site
                You never forget your first love...

Comment

Congrats and welcome to LFAD =)

Comment

Originally posted by annb8888 View Post
                    omg, congratulations!!!

I've always had doubts about LDRs, cause I don't know if it really lasts that long. Like just last night, I got annoyed with him looking sleepy while skyping with me and he got annoyed with me being annoyed. It's hard not to get mixed signals when all you see is him on a screen, that and my internet suddenly died when we were trying to be sexy then he came while skype was dead and I got terribly annoyed and i cried all night.

He doesn't want to break up & is trying his best to talk to me right now. Im in Asia and he's in the US so there's a 13 hour difference. And to top that, his computer went dead so he has to go to a computer lab in his dorm tomorrow morning so we can skype. Aint problems grand? they just keep on piling up, don't they?
                    Hey we definitely have a ton of stories for the kids when they come in the future lol.

As for being sleepy, we've had many of those nights since we were both in college at the time. Having to talk to your SO after pulling an all nighter definitely isn't an easy thing, you just want to crash in bed. It's funny you mention internet connection issues, at one time all we had was dialup so that pretty much ruled out skype and webcams. The amount of money I'd spend on phone cards was ridiculous. That's great that he doesn't want to breakup, once both of yall are into the relationship you got nothing to worry about It's not that much different than a regular relationship when you think about it

Comment

Congrats, and welcome! It's always good to hear success stories

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I love hearing success stories, and I look forward to one day telling my future kids about my LDR, too lol. We're still LD and will be until about September 2013. Each day we're a little bit closer.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X