An airman's girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An airman's girlfriend

Hey y'all. I've lurked on this site before but finally decided to join.

My name is Jensen and I'm from Louisiana. My boyfriend is stationed in Germany. He was home on leave December 17th thru January 8th, and I'm having a hard time readjusting to not having him around again.

Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Hey Jensen, it's nice to meet you. My boyfriend is in the Army and in another state and will eventually deploy, so I feel your pain. How long have the two of you been together?

Bri

Comment

We've known each other and been friends since high school. (I'm 21 and he's 22 now) We didn't talk much for a few years (I was in a serious relationship for 2 years then had a year of me time, he was based in Germany or deployed) but would randomly Facebook each other.
      Last March he was on leave for Mardi Gras, and I randomly ran into him at a restaurant. The next day we went out on the motorcycle and have been together ever since.

This was the second time I had to tell him goodbye, and it I thought telling him goodbye the first time was the hardest thing I'd ever done...

Comment

My SO is a contractor who has been gone since August overseas, so I know how you feel. The initial adjustment to not having him around sucks, I will admit. However, the pain will diminish after a few weeks once you get used to doing things solo. The best advice I can give is to keep yourself occupied doing something, don't dwell on what you used to do together because you'll start sinking. Keep Skyping and emailing, even the mundane details of your daily life; it'll make you feel like he's still close.

Comment

I've done this before, in march when he left, but I don't remember it being this hard. We talk in the phone every night. His Internet isn't working for whatever reason, so we haven't gotten to Skype yet since he's left. I know I'll get back into my normal routine, it just seems harder this time.

Comment

It's never easy sending our loved ones off. Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! Im from Louisiana too. What part are u from?
              sigpic
              Not to get clever
              but with you I see forever
              But whatever it is,
              Here's to you,
              I Love You Kid...

Comment

Southeast

Comment

oh thats cool im from the Lafayette area
                  sigpic
                  Not to get clever
                  but with you I see forever
                  But whatever it is,
                  Here's to you,
                  I Love You Kid...

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time here. :3

Comment

Oh cool. I'm about 2 and a half hours from Laffy. Use to spend a lot of time there. Dated a guy that went to UL for a few months a couple years ago.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Working...
                        X