Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from IL! Missing someone in BKK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from IL! Missing someone in BKK...

Hi there! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I signed up a few months ago, but just haven't had time to follow through.

I'm a grad student in the Midwest, USA, and my SO is currently in Bangkok, Thailand where he'll be working for the next year and a half...yep it kind of sucks. I've been in an LDR before (undergrad- dated a guy for 4 years that was in a military academy 800+ miles away from my school), but I think this one is a tad more extreme...haha.

Been having some down days lately- stress of school and weather has been really crappy here. It stinks that when it's raining/thunderstorming/snowing (oo gotta love midwest winter weather) I don't even have him to snuggle with on the couch! I do my best to stay active with exercise, taking care of my dog, going out with friends, and, of course, studying (DVM program). However, sometimes it's just hard to get out of my funk of missing him and not being able to talk/see/be with him.

Anyone have any other tips they'd care to share? Sorry this is mostly me ranting and whining. Any advice would be much appreciated. Good luck to everyone else having to go through this! Glad there's stuff like this website to offer support to each other

My main tip would be to try and communicate in one way or another every day. The time difference has got to be really tough, but could you find a time to Skype on the weekends? Also, snail mail is always fun to receive. Around here, the 10th of every month (I think) is love letter day. Basically, it's an excuse to write something up to send to your SO. ^^ I know my SO and I always love getting letters from each other. It's special.

Anyways, those're the tips I've got! Good luck with your LDR, and welcome to the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X