I think this is my first post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is my first post?

Silly title, I know. This account was originally made for my friend, but I'm pretty sure she didn't use it. So I'm taking it back

Hey yall. I'm Ashley, from Kansas. I met my boyfriend online, and he lives in Australia.
    I'm on here to get advice on saving money for visits, international calling/texting and all that kind of stuff.

Random advice in the introduction thread is always great. I'll go through other threads too

Thanks!

Welcome! You can buy skpye credit for super cheap and call phones internationally from your computer.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

if you both have smartphones you can download whatsapp, viber, textplus and many other apps for free texts and calls. Welcome!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Thanks everyone He doesn't have a smart phone though -_-

Comment

welcome

if you both have iphones, you can imessage for free

Comment

Welcome Ashley! I'm from Kansas too lol

Comment

Welcome to the forums These are some things that my SO and I have been figuring out over the last couple of weeks. My recommendation goes then with Skype or Google voice (I know for me it saves me about 15 cents a minute over Skypes non-plan making calls to my SO, and she has setup an unlimited plan from skype for calls to the US per month), I also have seen this post (https://members.lovingfromadistance....tional-texting) and while my SO and I haven't tried it yet it is something on our list of things to try out so that we can text regularly. A lot of it will have to do with how often your schedules allow you to both be home around the same time, for us we are both pretty active with work on my end and school and work on her end that skype to skype isn't possible for us a lot of times hence increased cellphone usage. She is also thinking about sending out a sim card from home with minimal credit on it since I could receive free texts from her that way here even though it would be received internationally.

Comment

Thanks, J! I hadn't seen that link yet, I'll definitely be taking your advice. It's too bad about textplus though. I just downloaded it, but then I realized I could only text American numbers for free, and I'm the American in this situation, so that was a bust for me xD

Yay! Another Kansan! ahahah, I never seen anyone else from Kansas on the internet (besides Facebook, obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by schwee44 View Post
                    Yay! Another Kansan! ahahah, I never seen anyone else from Kansas on the internet (besides Facebook, obviously)
                    Lol me neither! I've been all over this state and it's all the same. Gold (wheat), flat.. and windy. Smh. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by usmcgirl View Post
                      Lol me neither! I've been all over this state and it's all the same. Gold (wheat), flat.. and windy. Smh. Hahaha.
                      Right? I've only been around the central and eastern part of the state, though. I hear west is worse. lol

Comment

Right? I've only been around the central and eastern part of the state, though. I hear west is worse. lol
                        Yeah, I don't get out to the western part much; I live in the central part though. It's beautiful today!

Comment

Yeah, I don't get out to the western part much; I live in the central part though. It's beautiful today!
                          Holy crap hahah, I live in the central part too! It is~ Totally about to go out and enjoy it.

Comment

Holy crap hahah, I live in the central part too! It is~ Totally about to go out and enjoy it.
                            O.o whoaaa. It's rare that you find someone - online - from Kansas, let alone in the same area as you. Lucky girl! I have to clean house Have fun!

Comment

O.o whoaaa. It's rare that you find someone - online - from Kansas, let alone in the same area as you. Lucky girl! I have to clean house Have fun!
                              Chyeah, check my last pm! Hahah, have fun with the house cleaning

Comment

Working...
                              X