Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody! Labas!

Hey there everybody,

I'm so happy that i have finally found this wonderful forum. At the moment i'm going through a LDR and i'm willing to find here a lot of same destiny fellows with whom i could share my stories, advices and experiences!

My name is Arminas and i'm in love with this man. He lives in London and i live in Lithuania, 1022 miles away. But the best thing is that we are going to meet each other in 6 days! I'm so excited and happy! I've never thought that the dreams may come true, but apparently they can... I was quite skeptical towards such relationships until i met him... Love is such a beautiful feeling, i feel like I'm on the 9th cloud!

Once again , it's a pleasure to join this great community! Love has no boundaries guys! Just keep believing in it

P.S. I'm not a native English speaker, so please, if you can, don't be too judgmental to me for all those gramma mistakes. Still trying to improve on that! ^^

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome! I hope you find all that you're looking for here

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Svejkas!
          Kalbu truputi lietuviskai Esu is Vokietijos.

I hope that wasn't too horrible, my last Lithuanian class was 2 yrs ago and I've forgotten most of it.
          Anyway: Welcome to LFAD
          Last edited by Dziubka; February 3, 2012, 06:28 AM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Dziubka, wow I'm impressed! Didn't expect to hear any lithuanian here and you said everything correctly! (only the word "svejkas" is supposed to be written as "sveikas")

Can i ask what made you to take up Lithuanian classes? (Danke schon in advance for the answer)

And thank you guys for a warm welcome!

Comment

I was/am majoring in general linguistics in my undergrad studies and we had to take two language courses. Russian would have been my first choice, but it didn't fit in my schedule in first semester, so I took Lithuanian, because of all the languages they offered it fit best with my areal interests. I learnt it for 1,5 years, but really I suck at it so bad. All I remember is some very basic small talk, which is really frustrating. I'm going to re-take it when I go back to Warsaw in October, though.

My boyfriend and I went to Vilnius in September 2010 and I fell in love with the city. It was sooo beautiful, we spent the perfect weekend. And ,man, Lithuania is one of the CLEANEST places I've been to (and that says a lot coming from a German), especially the train stations.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

@Dziubka: Lithuanian is quite a difficult language to learn so no wonder you could have faced some difficulties by learning/memorising it. But as i see you still did a pretty good job! If you have any questions related to this language, feel free to contact me any time!
                    Yes, Vilnius is very beautiful. I'm also in love with this city. It's very diverse and has a lovely old town. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here! Can't say much about the part of "being clean" though I never paid attention to that I guess. But when i was in Central Europe few years ago, i had a totally opposite impression

@ Kristin91; @Pixel: Thank you! I'm really happy of being a part of this community!

Comment

Working...
                    X