Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie in Going the Distance

Hello everyone,

let me just say one thing first before I introduce myself.
    Thank god that you are all here!!!
    I have been 'stalking' this website since 3 months looking for advice, looking for ideas, looking for comforting words. And I found everything.

However, I thought it would be just fair to everyone to finally say hello and let you know who I am.

Where to begin...
    I am German, live since 4 years in London, and I met my American boyfriend while working in a German Pub just minutes away from Westminster Abbey.
    Long story short... we fell in love, we moved in together, we enjoyed spending time together.
    After a about 15 months, my boyfriend moved back to NYC to start his own business and I was left 'behind' in London. To be fair... I have to finish my studies and I will, hopefully, graduate in July 2012.
    So, since 3 months we are having a Long Distance Relationship and it is hard!!! I mean, I am not an easy person by any means and I think I make this whole thing a lot more difficult by being difficult. But this is why I am here... to listen and talk to people who have much more experience in this.

The past 3 months definitely had their ups and downs and my boyfriend and I just went through a rough phase the past week (communication issues) and this time I thought I will register here and make sure to decrease the number of fights I had the past 3 months. I love my boyfriend very much and I do not want to make it harder as it is already. But enough about that

I also want to be there for others and help as much as possible, find friends here to support each other.

Yeah... so this is me
    I am looking forward to get to know you better!

Maren

Welcome to LFAD, I'm living in London too

Comment

Hallo Maren! I am from Austria!
      I think it's cool that you are studying and working in London!

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and glad you are now officially a member!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

A girl I know named Maren looks a bit like you, I was a little taken aback by your picture at first

Comment

welcome

Comment

welcome to LFAD Girl!
                "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome everyone!
                    Glad to be here!

I am pretty sure you will see very often from now on

Maren

Comment

Welcome! So happy that you decided to join!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Maren, nice to meet you You are right that LFAD gives us a lot of support! I lurked for a long time as well, lol :P

Comment

Hi Maren!

Comment

Welcome
                            Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

yeah for not stalking anymore! Welcome!! I used to live in Germany but that was over 12 years ago now and I am originally from NYC I too came to this site looking for support as I worked through being in a LDR. We also just went through a small rough patch with a couple nights of arguing....it wasnt easy and I hated it!! But I hope we can both find support here

Comment

Working...
                              X