Can't believe I'm here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe I'm here.

Hey, I'm Hannah. If someone told me that I'd be registering for this website a month ago, you could have knocked me out of my seat.

First of all, I'm not in a LDR. At least, not yet. Pretty sure that this is the most complicated situation I have ever been in. However, my.. really good friend..(?) lives in New York and I live in North Carolina. I'm not totally crazy though, we both have feelings for each other and we both are in school and he is afraid he won't be able to handle the distance. (Not to sound terrible, but up to this point we both thought that LDRs were a huge waste of time..) So, that's pretty much my very short nutshell of a story. I came here to maybe get us some help or who knows what.

But hey!

Hey Hannah! I'm Allison. Welcome to the site! If you do end up in a LDR, this is a great place. There's even a group for students and there are tons of people on here in school, including me! I'm in grad school and my boyfriend is a teacher. Good luck and hope everything works out for you guys!

Comment

Hi Hannah.
      Welcome to the site. If anyone told me a year plus 1 day ago that I would be in an LDR I would have laughed and punched them in the face but..
      LOL today I have been with my SO for exactly 1 year. In 19 hours we will be together for the first time.
      I still can't believe I'm in an LDR. lol

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. LDRs are definitely pretty crazy things, but it's worth it if you're with the one person who you're crazy about eh. I hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

Welcome! I'm currently in NC and my boyfriend is in NY. LDRs take a lot of work (not that normal relationships don't), but it seems like it is even harder when you are in college (worrying about classes and other college things). I highly suggest the student section.

Don't rush into a LDR, that's my biggest advice. I was in a very similar position you are in when I was a sophomore or junior in college. The guy I wanted to date was worried about being apart (we were only 2.5-3 hours away from each other, not that big of a deal). We both had really strong feelings for each other, and I knew I could handle it. He wasn't so sure. He tried it because I begged him to and sadly it didn't last too long. It put a huge strain on our friendship after we broke up because I had "forced" him into the relationship.

Comment

Welcome!
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Welcome!! I am new here also and I started out a similar way. I had no plans of getting into an LDR and here I am today! Its a lot of hard work and sometimes a little heartache comes along with a whole lot of love. I too was searching for a place and I am thrilled to have found this one. Some people dont understand LDR and support can be tough to find.

Comment

Working...
                  X