Howdy from Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Michigan!

Hello everyone! I discovered this site a couple months back while looking for general advice on long-term relationships - I wasn't in one at the time, but had the possibility of initiating one...well, things have worked out since then, I am officially in a LDR now, and I figure it's about time for me to come out of the woodwork!

A bit more about my LDR situation:

My SO and I were good friends in college. We tried dating near the end of my senior year (he was a year below me), but the timing and circumstances weren't right--I was planning to move overseas for a couple years after graduating, and my feelings for him weren't strong enough to make that big of a commitment--so I broke things off. To make a long story short...two and half years and countless miles later, we finally had the chance to reconnect this past week in Saint Louis (he lives in Missouri; I'm in Michigan now). While we only had a couple days together, it was enough time to confirm our feelings for each other, and that we're ready to give this long-distance thing a shot.

I also found out that he had waited for me the whole time I was overseas, even when I'd given him no signs of affection and (at the time) had no plans to pick our relationship back up when I got back. How heart-melting is that?!?

What else...I'm a writer, just doing some freelancing right now but will be starting grad school to study poetry in the fall. My SO's currently working a couple odd jobs, and is trying out for a couple minor league baseball teams soon. He's a die-hard Cardinals fan, and I'm a hopeless Cubs fan from Chicago, so there's always lots of good-natured teasing flying between us. Though needless to say he has many more opportunities to laugh at me than I do him...

Hi, welcome to LFAD! Your story is so cute and heartwarming! You clearly found a winner. Nice to see someone else from my SO's home state on here haha. Hope you enjoy it here!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Your SO sounds very nice

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
        X