Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So good I had to tell the world

Hi all,

My name's Steve, and some months ago I fell in love. This happens to a lot of people every day around the world, except MY girl is in another country. After some time of feeling idle and lonely when we are not in touch, we looked together at ways of interacting more and in new ways.
    This is how I ended up trying to blog about my mishaps and adventures. The more things were happening to me, the more I needed to share it, and I just couldn't sit at work all day rambling on about my traveling experiences or discoveries, not sure my office co-workers would have survived anymore!
    So here I am, networking, sharing, talking to all sorts of travelers and others in similar types or relationships.

I do enjoy writing about my experiences, maybe you would enjoy reading it

Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
    And I'm feelin good

Welcome to LFAD

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Steve! I traveled frequently for work for about 3 months, and I just couldn't take it any more-so I'm not traveling as much/at all any more (but I am still away from my SO).

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I have had challenging times as I am sure anyone in a LDR has. We have found some great ways to be together even when we are so far apart.
        I can honestly say this is the happiest I have ever been, and I spend far more time with her (although no physically) than I have in any other relationship. I think distance has a way of making sure that you are destined to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by BlondeAndConfused View Post
          I think distance has a way of making sure that you are destined to be together.
          True that, welcome to LFAD
          \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
          \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
          \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

As getting to see each other is challenging I found that every time we do meet it is so special. We have just spent a long weekend in Paris. We found possibly the most romantic spot on the planet there. I had to write about it

Comment

Originally posted by BlondeAndConfused View Post
              As getting to see each other is challenging I found that every time we do meet it is so special.
              We can all definitely relate to that on this site. Welcome to LFAD, Steve!

Comment

I did sing that last line of your post out loud. (;

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                    I did sing that last line of your post out loud. (;
                    Me too! Good to you have you here Steve, hope you enjoy this place and find friends
                    Last edited by Tanja; April 17, 2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                            X