another newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie!

Just thought I'd say Hi and introduce myself!

Ive been reading the forums for a little bit now, looking for inspiration for when my SO leaves (beginning of July-PANIC!). So a little bit about us- we've been together about a year now (just over really) and spend everyday together. We go to the same university, same course, have integrated into each others friends circles...well you get the idea, we're close! When we first got together we both knew part of his course would mean him going to another university for 2years, he's had some problems with his work so now it looks like between 16 to a max of 18 months away. Our relationship turns long distance as it just so happens this university is about 9000 miles from where I live!

When he first got a date to leave to say I was a mess would be a bit of an understatement! But now i'm trying to be positive and im looking to support him and make our relationship work through what will no doubt be a very tough year and a half. Hopefully LFAD will help me be able to talk to and get advice from others in a similar situation (this will be my first LDR).

Looking forward to talking to everyone, its my first message board venture so stick with me!

xx

Welcome!! You're going to love it here!! And wow, 9000 miles! I've only been on this forum for a few days, but it's already helped so much. Everyone is supportive and so great.

My first time in and LDR and on a message board too!

Hope to see you around
    My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
    It's just me and you
    Put the pedal to the metal
    Baby, turn the radio on
    We can run to the far side of nowhere
    We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

yep 9,266 miles according to google, we don't do things by half!

Nice to meet you!

xx

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, and I'm sure the site is going to help you

Comment

Welcome
          \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
          \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
          \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Everyone here is very supportive and it's great that you're posting even before you go LD. I hope you enjoy your experience here!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! We're glad to have you!

Comment

Welcome! I live in Finland and my SO lives in Hong Kong (saw you mentioning UK and SE Asia on your profile) at the moment so it's possible to make it work.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Working...
                      X