Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, all

Hi, there!
    I just started thinking about finding a community to help me prepare to be far from my SO again. I'm hoping this will be a place I can find advice, comfort, and friendship on this journey.

My SO and I met (online) a year and a half ago. At the time, we lived an hour apart. We fell in love immediately, saying so only four days later. We saw each other every weekend and spent Christmas break together. It was a long six months living an hour apart.

We've now lived together almost a year, but in August school is going to take me away again. I'll be three hours away from him, for at least two years (likely three). The hardest part now is just thinking about all the things that I'm going to miss and how hard it will be without him.

So that's what brought me here.
    Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
    Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
    Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
    LD again: July 24, 2012
    Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
    Married: November 1, 2014
    Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Welcome to LFAD! Glad to have you here, and LFAD is definitely a place to turn to when you're looking for support. I know you'll like it here.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Welcome! I also came to LFAD in anticipation of going long-distance, and it's been a huge source of comfort and inspiration for me. I'm sure you'll find the same!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I am also in a LDR due to school, but I didn't find this site until I was long distance for a few months. It made dealing with the distance so much better! I can't even tell you how amazing the people here are. Everyone's there to offer advice and we have our silly threads when you can use a laugh, too. Welcome and can't wait to see you around

Comment

Welcome! I'm new too but it's already helped reading other people's stories I hope it helps you too!

Xx

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! We're glad to have you here!

Comment

hello and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X