Hello!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!! :)

Hello fellow members, my name is Tom, I'm 18 and go to college (senior year high school in US) and have been in a normal-distance relationship with my beautiful girlfriend, love of my life, since 29th August 2008. I joined this site because soon we will go off to different universities and cannot change it. We will probably end up a few countries (and timezones) away! We are used to being together like 20 minutes or so away but thinking of this has led to procrastination and total avoidance of the subject. We can't skate around it anymore. I would love for some advice and REAL examples of how it can work in relationships that I may come to face! It is no average LDR and maybe you will not have heard or seen examples but I hope that you will then help us anyway. I will not give up and no matter what happens I am at least going to try my best.
    Sorry if my introduction seemed like a rant but yeah, this is upsetting

awww... you will find a way to make it work This place is great for advice and knowing you aren't alone in an LDR. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!
      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Tom! See you around

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

Welcome and hang in there!
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Tom. The biggest advice I can give you right now is to know that your soon to be LDR IS doable. When your LDR starts, you both have to go into it believing and acting as if it is any other relationship. This way you will have confidence. There are tons of examples on here of how you can make them work out. Welcome!

Comment

Aww i'm sorry to hear that. But it'll work out in the end with some will and strength(i never get that damn word right :P)

I suppose i'm fortunate that my relationship so far has never been CD. But yeah noone will ever know which one is easiest, going from CD to LD or never been in CD at all.
                The first one do sounds hardest, but you also have all memories of everything you've done together.

Anyway! Good luck with everything Tom and welcome to this site!

P.S But i suppose that a relationship could be LD first, then CD and then LD again. Then someone would know what's easiest. D.S
                Last edited by Swederica; June 12, 2010, 10:42 AM. Reason: Haha found a hole in my theory.

Comment

Working...
                X