Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi, everyone. I'm Cayley, and I've been in a relationship with my awesome boyfriend for... ok, it's complicated. Anyway, we started dating about a year and a half ago. We met in college through a mutual friend. We both thought it was just a "for fun" relationship, but it turned into much more. We've had our rough patches (but have prevailed!) and we've spent the last 5 months living in different cities about 3 hours apart. Now, I am moving (for job and school) 12+ hours away, and our LDR is suddenly ominously more LD than we expected. BUT we believe we can do it.

I found this website when I was searching for information about long distance relationships. (I'm the kind of person that looks for more information when faced with something I am either scared about or don't know much about.) It looks pretty fantastic. I know we've been in an LDR for about 5 months anyway, but we're used to being able to see each other about every other weekend -- and being able to visit pretty much on a whim. (He's surprised me at least once, and we've been able to make plans to visit at the last minute many times.) But now... I don't know when I will next see him. Not for a month, at least. Probably more. Neither of us has money to speak of. Well, I will in a few months, and he probably won't. So I guess I'm pretty worried about keeping our relationship up with such a greater distance and monetary constraints.

I expect we'll work it out, somehow. We are both committed to making it work, and we are planning for this separation to end in two years, when he should be done with school and hopefully get into a medical school near my job.

Hi! Welcome to LFAD. You'll find lots of support here that can really help you.
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
    which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
    The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
    - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Cayley!

See you around!

Comment

You made the right choice coming her. I can barely count the times, already i've only been here for like 3 weeks or something, that this site have calmed me down and made me think straight.

You'll make it work for sure
        I've been in an LDR for as long as i've been in my current relationship, about a year.
        My wonderful Katelyn lives in California and i live in Sweden, around 9 hr time difference.
        So yeah i know you'll make it work with time. And Chicago and Washington are big cities, should be easy-peasy to fix flights between them.
        Atleast i think and hope so.

Anyway i should wrap this up i have no control of either my brain or my hands right now.
        So yeah welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

Welcome! This is a great site to help relieve fears and talk to people about what you're going through. Everyone is so willing to help and give advice. Good luck!
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome! I understand your pain. Money sucks for us in our LDR...this site is awesome and will give you alot of information.

Comment

Working...
              X