Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie to this, going through divorce but met someone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to this, going through divorce but met someone.

Hi,
    Even though I'm going through a divorce, i was keeping in touch with a HS classmate I never saw for the last year and a half. I took a biz trip for 2 weeks, saw my friend over less than a day at Memorial Day weekend. I knew my marriage was bad after I got back and realized how long I'd been unhappy. For those two weeks I was myself again.
    During the time I saw my classmate, we spoke for hours and hours like old friends. I didn't want to leave her. It was coffee that morning for three hours of chat. Lunch after coffee at a winery, for 5 hours of chat at a cozy table. After I got back home I asked if I could call her. Well, I've been talking with her every night for hours, short texts during the day, posts on a FB closed group for us. The talk is about our likes, dislikes, what our hopes and dreams are. What type of romance we like. Just about everything. I've never talked with anyone about what I wanted in a relationship. We have so much in common, it's eerie. Some nights we've prepared the same type of dinner without even knowing what the other had. I've already told her how I felt about her and she did the same.
    Never in my life was I ever as romantic,open about my feelings,my heart. It's really overwhelmimg to me. I can't see her again until my divorce is final. Heck, when I saw her all we did was give each other a hug in public.

Any advice for this first time LDR person? I've sent cards, gift cards, post poetry on FB, love quotes. I can't see her until December. We share photos but nothing explicit. It's not in my character or hers. For me, this feels like the first real time I was ever in love with someone. She's just so amazing!!! i don't want to blow this. I even bought her a really nice promise ring with a special note on parchment paper done in calligraphy. Sent it to her FedEx.

Has anyone else gone through this?

Hi!
    Welcome to the forums!

LDRs are tough at first, so there needs to be constant communication, which I think you two are doing right now.
    If something life-changing is happening, or if one of you are going to be away for a while(like, going on a field trip for 3 days), inform them,
    Nothing hurts more than uninformed absence.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Thanks. She knows everything I'm going through. She knows the timetable. I'm moving at the end of the year closer to her, thank goodness. Weekend getaways are on my itinerary once I'm moved.

Comment

Working...
      X