Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(New) Overemotional Girl Introduces Self

Hey, everyone!

My name is Kara -- completely new to the forum, a few months new to an LDR and hoping to find and give support! This website/forum seems absolutely fabulous and I'm so glad there are places like this for relationships such as ours.
    • Almost 20 years old; classics/psychology/computer science major in the United States
    • Has lived in Hong Kong/Singapore/Texas/Illinois/New York State/China (family currently in Beijing for work)
    • I met my boyfriend in October of 2010 when I was a sophomore in uni and he a senior. Of course, he ended up graduating and is currently in another state about 1500 miles away for grad school. He is currently back home in Russia now (visiting family, won't be back in the US 'till August).
    • We've had a rocky relationship, including breaking up twice in two months, but getting back together in less than 2 weeks each other both times
    • Here is the catch: I'm studying abroad in Italy next semester (August - December) and won't be able to see him for half a year! I know this seems rather petty given other relationships, but I'm constantly worried he'll find some gorgeous girl in grad school or simply lose interest in me and, if I don't visit him every other month of so, he'll completely forget who I am.
    • He's rather poor with communication sometimes -- he has some problems with motivation and doesn't always get up and back to people, including me (though he is considerably better than me) -- which makes me extremely nervous, as I tend to overthink things/have some self-esteem/anxiety issues and automatically assume every missed phone call or late text is him hating me.

Well, I don't know what else to say, but I can't wait to be an active member in this forum (: Thanks!
    Kara
    "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Welcome to LFAD Kara!

Comment

Thank you! <3

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! It's great to be a part of this community as you have already discovered.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Merci!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome Kara!

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Working...
                  X