Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I knew this site earlier.

HI!

Let's see...I'm new to this community and wished that I had known this website before. I've been in a LDR for the past 7 years and my SO recently called it quits...due to not being able to be in a serious relationship, too much going on, thinking we were going separate ways, and letting go of hope of us being together which lifted the weight off his shoulder, etc...which I posted about in the Forums (advice and suggestions welcome).

I am still in love with him and due to my stubbornness I kept making excuses on closing the distance. I know we are all afraid but I think too much and over think

I joined in hopes that I can reconcile with my SO and finally close the distance for real. To have a supportive community that I can look to for advice and maybe be of help to others through my experience.

Looking forward to being here!

Welcome to LFAD!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I hope you are finding some advice and I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.

Comment

I'm glad that I joined I did get a some encouraging notes but I am still looking for more advice. I'm still optimistic (as I've posted a few threads regarding my situation feel free to advise me!) But my SO is pretty stubborn and the finality in his voice scared me.

I'm looking forward to more active posts and perhaps giving advice on stuff I can for others.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thank you! Now if I can get my SO back I would just be happy

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

hi, ive responded to one of your threads but i thought id officially say hi too!

Comment

Thanks all! And hello!

Comment

Welcome! I hope everything turns out alright for you.

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanney4709 View Post
                        Welcome! I hope everything turns out alright for you.
                        Seven years is not something one can just throw away...he made it way too easy for me to leave and move on so maybe he's just waiting for me to make my move...but I'm an eternal optimist I hate giving up too hehe thanks!

Originally posted by notyourexgirlfriend View Post
                        Welcome.
                        Thank you! Glad I found you guys!

Comment

I hope that too 4 you...if its meant to be you will
                          Last edited by jtargueta; August 7, 2012, 10:56 PM. Reason: tipo error

Comment

Welcome to the forums! I hope things work out for you

Comment

Originally posted by jtargueta View Post
                              I hope that too 4 you...if its meant to be you will
                              Well the way I figure it...I should take control make positive changes to myself and let him see that I am indeed not the same girl who has been idling by! I am willing to take a leap of faith...its just making him see that destroying what we had is not a bad thing because I am ready to build a life with him

Originally posted by dianacakes View Post
                              Welcome to the forums! I hope things work out for you
                              I hope with the support and help of all of you guys I can make it a reality! I'm really happy to have such wonderful people to talk to!

Comment

Working...
                              X