Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and since I'm sure I'll eventually be asking for advice in the forums, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 25 and a full-time grad student. My SO is 27 and well established in his career. We have been dating since April 2012. We have been officially "in a relationship" since July. We met through my ex a couple of years ago.

I'm not one to put much weight on the idea of "fate", but life's timing was perfect for us to start dating.

I had just broken up with my ex after several months of trying to mend an obviously broken and doomed relationship. I won't include all the details of the breakup since they are irrelevant, but suffice it to say that we were not right for each other, and he made some major mistakes that put the nail in the coffin of the already dying relationship. I can't stay mad for long, so I forgave him and decided not to dwell on it... but I made it crystal clear that we would never be together again.

A week later, I happened to be traveling for work to the city where my new SO lives. I had an innocent crush on him from the time I met him two years earlier (though I never would have acted on it in any way when I was taken), and he apparently felt the same way about me. I initiated contact letting him know I was in town, we went out as friends (though I had secretly hoped it would turn into a hook-up haha... fortunately, he is far too much of a gentleman for that), and hit it off from there.

Long story short, we are greatly enjoying each other while not enjoying the distance (duh). I'm lucky in the sense that he I get to see him a couple times a month when he is in town here for work or to visit his daughter (who lives here with her mom), but the distance still sucks.
    If things continue to work out between us, I'm sure you'll get to see many posts from me on a variety of topics... ranging from being terrified about meeting his parents to feeling crazy about picking up and moving away from my family and the life I have here to be with him. But it's still early, and the logical side of me says not to think about things like that so soon. The emotional girl side of me wants to start shopping for wedding dresses, because we just get along that well and seem to be exactly what each other has been looking for haha.

Nice to meet all of you!

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! We do have a wedding dress thread here.. . Anyways, I hope you enjoy it here! See you around the forums!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome and I know the idea of being scared of the first parental meeting... I was terrified of meeting them especially since he has two sets since his parents are divorced but they love me so it's all good

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Cute story!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Working...
                X