Ohai! A new (but very happy) LDR'er here :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohai! A new (but very happy) LDR'er here :D

Hi, I'm 25/F/English and he's 19/M/Dutch and he left on Saturday after spending our first week together (in person) and honestly, I know you've all heard this before but it was absolutely perfect.

Please have your puke buckets at the ready

We 'met' via a music forum and after 3-4 months of constant daily chatting/skyping we finally met in person and after a couple of hours of awkwardness on my part (not wanting to say anything stupid etc) we just 'fit'. Instinctively knowing what the other was going to say, wanting or do (and doing/saying it simultaneously while being amazed by it, laughing and feeling the surge of pure love and being unable to stop myself from telling him that he is loved) His family are also very supportive of us, and occasionally drop in on skypetime to say hi and whatnot.

Usually, when being so close to someone as we've been I'd find at least one little thing that'd piss me off or generally annoy me about the other person...But this hasn't happened and if anything, I'm even more in love with him.

Even though he's now home, we've taken the goodbye very hard. Now communication is still as excellent as it always was (texting/email/skype/facebook/etc) Remembering the events during our time together and feeling optimistic about our future helps too. Although I feel like one of my limbs has been taken and he doesn't feel like his home is 'home' now that he's back there- remembering the happyteimz helps infinitely: Being at the beach together and sharing kisses in the surf, just laying on the grass and talking/laughing together in each others arms...And of course 'snuggling' and waking up together

I know it may be often said, but I've never EVER been happier during the time we spent together, even just doing little things (cooking for him, doing the dishes together) and generally being just around him. Feeling so comfortable and relaxed and just knowing those days and nights were ours. And many, many to come. Only 2 months to wait until we're together again.

Anyway, enough of my soppy ramblings. Good luck and happiness to everyone here, such a lovely community. All the best.

PS; Hope you've not actually puked with all the lovey-dovey talk, this isn't my usual thing at all. Never been this content and in love. Sorreh.

Welcome to LFAD! I'm glad you are so happy!

Comment

Thankyou

It's good to know we're all not alone. All the best!
      Last edited by Disruptr; August 20, 2012, 02:37 PM. Reason: Typo (d'oh)

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! (:

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Cheers, darl

Comment

Welcome! I'm glad you found us!

Comment

Welcome didn't puke after reading your story but great news that your happy and in love

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Great to hear you're happy in your LDR.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. it really means a lot <3
                  love and luck to you all

Comment

Welcome!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

So glad you had such a wonderful time, that's so exciting and such a short time until you get to see each other too!
                      Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                      Dating: December 2019
                      First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                      - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Thankyou! Yep, just 64 days to wait. I appreciate how lucky we have it in the respect we're just an hour away on the plane but with him being a student for the next 2yrs and me only working part-time, finances are the issue.

Can't wait to see what the future holds

Comment

That's seriously exciting, I'm actually like really thrilled for you!
                          Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
                          - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Cheers darl!
                            As am I after reading your story, funny how things turn out!

Comment

It really is very funny how things happen, isn't it?
                              Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
                              - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Working...
                              X