Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a girl who waited a long long time for 'the one' when he was there all along..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a girl who waited a long long time for 'the one' when he was there all along..

Hi, Hello, Hola, Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night to you all!

My name is Heather and I am from Washington State. My boyfriend is Darin and he is from Wisconsin. The story of how we became a couple is a little long, but as I will probably be around the forums for a while, I hope some of you won't mind reading about it and sharing my journey from now on.

Darin and I first met on a social media picture and forum site called CS, and though I had seen him around a little I didn't think much of it and we didn't bond at first. It was actually his (now ex) wife who I became better friends with first (though oddly we don't speak much anymore) and he and I started talking from there. I wasn't really aware of it at the time, but the conversations that we had, although completely innocent, made me feel closer to him as a best friend than people I had known for quite a while longer. Time after time when something bad would happen in one of our lives, we wouldn't even expect it but the other was there to listen and lend a shoulder as a friend. Through my rocky marriage, my VERY messy divorce, going back to college after being out of school for almost 8 years, changing from one job to a completely different one in literally two weeks (I started training for my new job the same day that I gave two weeks notice at my old one), and many many other things...he was there. When his pet passed (he had him for quite a few years), his father being ill and then passing away, through his divorce (him and his ex-wife are still friends, they just grew apart in a marriage sense)..I was there.

So when the two of us were both having a hard time and broke it off with what we will call our 'rebound relationships' (we both dated people for over a year after we got divorced) we began talking more frequently and realized that there was MORE than friendship in our hearts for one another. He confessed to me his feelings one night while we were talking on the phone and after we hung up, I cried like a baby for a good long time because I knew with everything I was that I felt the exact same way for him. Of course a couple nights later on the phone I was talking to him with tears streaming down my face, telling him that I had a bit of a problem... The problem I told him, was that there's this unspoken rule or something, that you're not supposed to fall in love with your best friend, but that I was doing exactly that. He comforted me in the best way he could (obviously limited based on the distance) and told me that if things were meant to be and if we were supposed to be a couple, that we would be.

We soon decided that we'd like to spend some time together as friends and see if maybe we really did have the makings to be a couple for my birthday this year and had talked about flight times and things like that, and surprisingly, a few days later I got an e-mail in my inbox with an itinerary for me to go there! I was absolutely beside myself with excitement over that one e-mail, even though my departure date wasn't for 112 days. We had been texting as normal and then, it was more. WAY more. From the middle of May to the end of June, we actually figured out that we had sent over 4500 text messages between us and we were both thankful for unlimited text plans on cell phones at that exact moment.

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but we started becoming more affectionate and warm towards each other, and before I knew it, the conversations had developed into romantic tones, and though we had both agreed that we would wait to be an 'official' couple until I arrived there and he could ask me to be his girlfriend face to face, one night while we were texting, something slipped and he unconsciously asked me in a roundabout way when he said he wanted me to be his forever. I was highly surprised and had to read the text a few times before it sank in and all I could say back was 'are you asking?'. He replied in less than a minute and said that he guessed he was and that he wanted to ask the 'right way'...so next thing I know, my phone does its little text messaging jingle and I open it to see this: "Will you make me the happiest man ever and be my one and only, my true love, will you be my girlfriend Heather?" I was speechless to say the least and it took me a handful of minutes to respond but I definitely said yes and on the evening of July 4th, 2012, I officially became his girlfriend.

So here we are, with over 6 years of friendship under our belts, realizing we are absolutely head over heels in love with one another and with less than 36 days (35 days, 12 hours and 27 minutes from right now, can you tell I'm overly excited?), I could not be more thrilled to be in a LDR relationship with my best friend. Obviously as most people on the forum will agree, we're not crazy about the distance, but it's definitely worth it for how we feel about each other and the future that we have planned...together.

That's my story, and I'm happy to be here on the forum to share it with all of you. I hope to make some amazing friends, to share my joys and my sorrows, and to be one of the many who screams it from the LFAD 'rooftops' when I'm able to close the distance and spend my life in the arms of my wonderful man.
    Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
    Dating: December 2019
    First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
    - Florida Georgia Line -

Awww! Such a sweet story! Welcome to LFAD! (:

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Thanks Sanney!
      Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
      - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Wow, six years of friendship? I'd say that's definitely a very solid basis
        All the very best to you both, and a warm welcome from me

Comment

Lovely story! Glad to have you here xx

Comment

Welcome Lfad is a great place to get support and advice

Comment

Welcome Heather! Glad you found this forum!!

Comment

well...here i am...said boyfriend...my name is darin...obviously...and i just got joined up...and looked for my sweeties post...as she told me she was gonna do...so i have found it...and while reading it...tears immediately came to my eyes...tears of joy of course...every word so very true...i never thought i would find that one person...but i soooo have...i love you so very much...forever...i am one happy and lucky man...i am counting the days until you are here...ready to get to the next level of our relationship...you are amazing...you definitely are my best friend...my love....my girlfriend...and my soulmate...

Comment

Awww, thank you everyone for the very warm welcomes. It's so nice to feel so supported in our relationship. And yes, ^^ that's my boyfriend!!
                  Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
                  - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Working...
                  X