Um, Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, Hi!

Welp, hi, everyone! Um, I'm Libby, and I'm not very good at forums. XD I'm also incredibly relieved to have found this group of people who seem to be making their LDRs work and work well!

I found this website about two years ago, and it was actually because I had just met my SO over facebook through a mutual friend. I really liked him, but he lived two hours away and I was researching LDRs just in case. I really liked the site, but ended up not needing it! He moved to the town I was in, his old college town, and we met in person and the rest is history. After living together for a year and just generally being a pretty rad couple, SO just moved off to grad school 8 hours away in West Viriginia. I rediscovered this site when I was looking for some ideas as to how to make this work well. I think I found the right place.

So, about me, I guess. I'm finishing up my BA right now, and the hardest thing about this brand-spankin'-new LDR is that it might only last 6 months-1 year, but it could take us up to three years to close the distance. I graduate in December, but I'm hoping to be starting grad school of my own Fall '13. I have no idea where this will take me, and while I tried looking for schools close to SO, there are limited programs in my field. He's essentially in a 3 year programs right now, so we'll be graduating at the same time, but we'll cross that hurdle when we come to it.

This is my first ever relationship, so it's obviously my first LDR. We are both sad and nervous right now, but that's understandable - he moved 8 hours away after we lived together for a year! So, yeah, I just wanted to get myself out of the lurker zone with this post. This seems like a great community, and I'm glad I joined up.

Welcome! You've come to the right place, so much great advice and people here. I am still learning the ropes myself, good luck to you!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

You'll love it here! Welcome

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
          X