I don't want to be creepy any longer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to be creepy any longer.

Hello! I'm Meighan, 24 years old, and your local lurker! Lurking just sounds creepy, and (as the title says) I'm ready to not be creepy any longer. I have found myself wanting to reply to several threads, but I thought an introduction first might be nice.

I'm a bit of a complicated case. If we are being technical here, I'm not in a LDR yet. (Or at least I'm not in the relationship part of it yet. The distance definitely applies.) The boy and I have known each other for going on 8 years now. He's been a constant in my life for most of this 8 years, and probably knows more about me than anyone else could. We have done the off and on thing over the course of time. International relationships are kind of scary though so we have never labeled ourselves. During this 8 years, we have had times where we were closer than ever, and we have also had times were we never even talked. It's tough managing feelings when you believe the relationship is impossible. We both have had other serious relationships, I was even married for a short period of time, but you can't help what you feel or who you love, and after 8 years of fighting it we are both ready to try and embrace what we have.

In 15 days, we are meeting up in Chicago for my birthday. 5 days together, and this will by far be a test for us both. This meeting could determine where we go from here. We both express an interest in making things official (and we both have no interest in anyone else), but we really just want to enjoy the time we have together and go from here.

It's nice to find a place where I can relate to other people who are in similar situations. It's nice to have a place that gives me some hope that LDRs do work, and I am not alone in my frustrations and struggles that I know will come.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community, and starting my journey here.

15 days!! how exciting!! and Welcome! I'm new too!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Hope you have a great time in Chicago....and Happy Early Birthday!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Good luck with your meeting, I'm sure once you return you'll have lots of reasons to stick around!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, good luck on the upcoming meeting and Happy early Bday! - Enjoy Chicago and the company. =)

Comment

Good luck I hope it works out for you two. Long distance is hard, but well worth it. Eventually one person will have to move to the other. But in that mean time there can still be a loving and intimate relationship. This site has lots of support and advice. we are all here to help each other through the bad and help to celebrate the good!
                " There is always hope.
                "

Comment

Good luck on your meeting Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

I've been best friends with my So for 4 n a half years before we finally met in person, and let me tell you, all the doubts and worries just vanished when we were together.
                      Welcome to LFAD and i hope you're gonna have a great 5 days!

Comment

Originally posted by rina View Post
                        I've been best friends with my So for 4 n a half years before we finally met in person, and let me tell you, all the doubts and worries just vanished when we were together.
                        This is super reassuring! Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! My boyfriend and I have been best friends for 6+ years and we actually recently started the romantic part of our relationship as well (July 4th we made it OFFICIAL) so I definitely get where you're coming from in all that! Best of luck with your visit and HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance, I am also going to visit my boyfriend for my birthday as well, leaving on the 26th!
                          Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                          Dating: December 2019
                          First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                          - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Originally posted by H.Mikenzi View Post
                            Welcome to LFAD! My boyfriend and I have been best friends for 6+ years and we actually recently started the romantic part of our relationship as well (July 4th we made it OFFICIAL) so I definitely get where you're coming from in all that! Best of luck with your visit and HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance, I am also going to visit my boyfriend for my birthday as well, leaving on the 26th!
                            Best birthday present ever, right?!

Comment

Working...
                            X