Hello again everyone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again everyone :)

Hey everyone I used to be a member of this website before just under a different profile name. I used to be known as HollzHeartsChris. I thought I'd have a fresh start by making a new account. I can't really remember my old password either, so figures lol.

My name's Holly, I'm 19 and from the UK. I've been training to be a nurse over the past year and in that time I have learnt so many valuable lessons. I love helping other people and giving advice, as well as caring for those in need. I'm seriously into gaming too, it's my main past time aside from other things like swimming or writing young adult novels that I hope to have published one day. I'm quite an easy going person. I have a cute little kitten called Tootsie (she's black and white with a little pink nose ) and I love little furry animals like guinea pigs and chinchillas!

Those who remember me may recall my other half Chris. He's 17 and in his last year of high school. We've been a part of each other's lives for almost 2 years now, some of that time spent together, the other part of the time spent as being best friends yet still in love. It's a really complicated story, but to cut things short, despite the problems we have both faced, at the hands of our parents and not to mention problems we've had caused by the 5000 mile distance between us both, we've pulled through and couldn't be stronger. Things rekindled awhile ago and we couldn't be happier! Hope to see people I recognise and I'd just like to say welcome to all the new people too!

Hi Holly!

Welcome back!

What genre do you write? I'm a writer too.
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
      Hi Holly!

Welcome back!

What genre do you write? I'm a writer too.
      Thank you.

Awesome! I like to write thrillers/sci fi/adventure novels. How about you?

Comment

My book that was published this month was YA paranormal romance, and so is the sequel that I have under contract...and currently working on (actually I should be working on it RIGHT NOW... ) but I can't wait to get back into a fantasy I started before my life went crazy a couple years ago...
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)

Comment

My book that was published this month was YA paranormal romance, and so is the sequel that I have under contract...and currently working on (actually I should be working on it RIGHT NOW... ) but I can't wait to get back into a fantasy I started before my life went crazy a couple years ago...
          Sounds good I can't wait to get something published! How is it being a published author?

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
            Sounds good I can't wait to get something published! How is it being a published author?
            not very different than being an unpublished author so far... lol maybe a little bit more light at the end of the tunnel??

Comment

not very different than being an unpublished author so far... lol maybe a little bit more light at the end of the tunnel??
              I guess so, and you can breathe a sigh of relief because at least you have some published work whereas I have none haha. I finished my first story years ago, although it was never good enough to be published.

Comment

I finished my first story in 2009. Had a lot of peer critique (If you need that in a few months I could help you...) in the end I learned A LOT but decided it wasn't worth even querying... SO I wrote my second novel (also in 2009) got peer critique, it still sucked... but it seemed like it had good bones and could be fixed. I subsequently went through 12 drafts of that novel, and queried it with 50 agents... then I mostly gave up on it, except an intern had a contest on her blog where she was evaluation queries and the first 10 pages... when she read mine, she sent me a message that she once interned with an editor and she knew he would love it. She referred me to him... I sold it in a 2 book deal in 2010.... I'm currently working on the sequel...

So if you think it can see the light of day, keep working on it... if you think it will take too much work, then just keep writing!

Comment

I finished my first story in 2009. Had a lot of peer critique (If you need that in a few months I could help you...) in the end I learned A LOT but decided it wasn't worth even querying... SO I wrote my second novel (also in 2009) got peer critique, it still sucked... but it seemed like it had good bones and could be fixed. I subsequently went through 12 drafts of that novel, and queried it with 50 agents... then I mostly gave up on it, except an intern had a contest on her blog where she was evaluation queries and the first 10 pages... when she read mine, she sent me a message that she once interned with an editor and she knew he would love it. She referred me to him... I sold it in a 2 book deal in 2010.... I'm currently working on the sequel...

So if you think it can see the light of day, keep working on it... if you think it will take too much work, then just keep writing!
                  I hope I see the light of day to be honest lol. I want to have my work published, I know that not everyone is going to like my work but then you can't please everyone, right? Not everyone likes sci fi/romance. It's good to hear that things worked out for you in the end, and thank you for the offer. I'm nowhere near finishing, however I will finish it, no matter how long it takes, because I enjoy writing it so much. The characters are fun to write about, and the story keeps ushering me on. I get lots of outside influences from films, books, video games, all sorts, so writer's block is something I don't often get. I'm lazy sometimes, plus college work is heavy going, so that hampers me too.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome
                      NoThInG iS ImPoSsiBlE..

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Good to meet another writer here on the forum!
                        Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                        Dating: December 2019
                        First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                        - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Working...
                        X