Hello, there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, there.

Hello, I'm Raina. I'm new to this whole LDR thing.

My boyfriend and I are coming up on our three year anniversary and we recently moved about 670 miles away from each other. We are both pursuing graduate degrees and will not be able to live together for three years. My Master's program includes service abroad after my coursework is done, so I will be leaving sometime around August 2013 and coming back about 2 years later. I'm not sure where I will be serving abroad and what I'll have available to me (phone, internet, running water, etc.). I feel like this year is a trial period because if we can't make it work while we are in the same country how would we be able to do it while I'm abroad.

I'll be honest, I'm scared. I'm glad this forum is here because we are both adjusting to the distance and it has not been easy. Recently I feel like I have been putting more effort into trying to find new ways to connect than he has. I've never been good at confrontation telling people how I'm feeling, but I'm getting better.

Welcome! it's difficult but it is my opinion that it can really make your relationship stronger! These forums have been soo good for me! I hope you get as much out of them!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! =)
      Stay happy :">

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

welcome
            ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Welcome to LFAD It's not easy for sure, but it's not impossible to overcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I'm also in grad school right now and I moved last August for my program. Glad you joined the forum and hope you find it helpful. It was been wonderful for me!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Hope you get a lot out of it, it's a GREAT support and wonderful for advice!
                  Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                  Dating: December 2019
                  First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                  - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have a feeling I'll be asking advice a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X